• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Websense/SurfControl web filtering questions

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Websense/SurfControl web filtering questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Websense/SurfControl web filtering questions - 18.Jul.2006 10:22:45 PM   
thecoffeeguy

I just surprisingly received verification to go ahead and purchase a web filtering solution. I was surprised, but very elated at the same time.

We have tested surfcontrol and it worked well. We have not tested websense.

if memory serves me correctly, in order to get reporting to work correctly in surfcontrol, you have to do two things:

1.) Check the box in 'authentication' on the 'web proxy' tab: Once there, click on "Require all users to authenticate". This is to ensure usernames will appear in reports.

2.) Configure everyones IE to push through the ISA server proxy server.

Recently, i've had some problems with the proxy settings and we started testing the FWC heavily. We really like the FWC and it's capabilities. Correct me if im wrong, but if you use the FWC, you don't configre IE to use a proxy server correct?

Websense is something else I was looking at and was hoping to get some feedback from users of Websense and what they did to set it up.

I'm hoping I can use the FWC in conjunction with either SurfControl or Websense.

I appreciate the feedback.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Websense/SurfControl web filtering questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts