• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Websense not filtering URGENT!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Websense not filtering URGENT! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Websense not filtering URGENT! - 22.Dec.2008 12:59:23 AM   
samjade

Senario:
Two clustered ISA servers:
first isa is 10.10.10.8
second isa is 10.10.10.9
Virtual ip: 10.10.10.10 which is the user proxy
Note: Bluecoat exists on the network.

i tried installing websense on one of the isa servers 10.10.10.9 since its my first time to deal with it, and i set a client proxy to the sam ip in order to check if websense is filtering. but it did not. i would like to know where have i messed it up

i bought a new dedicated server to install websense on but i need to know the perfect way to install it in order to keep both websense and the isa cluster filtering requests through one virtual ip set on the client.

thanks a lot guys, i really appreciate if you can help in that
Post #: 1
RE: Websense not filtering URGENT! - 7.Dec.2009 8:31:12 AM   
pfearns23

If the ISA's are part of a cluster/array you will need to install the ISAPI  filter (Websense Filtering Plugin) on all array members before they are 'active' on any of them.

Make sure the Filtering Plugin is enabled by going into 'web filters' section of ISA you shoud see an entry for Websense here.

Make sure this is the case and try again - if it is still not filtering - check the  Websensereports, is Websense actually seeing the request ? Another thing - make sure you have the database loaded, if this isn't the case then everything is uncategorised and therefore more than likely allowed out through the global/default policy

Thanks

Paul Fearns,
Technical Consultant
Celestix Networks - Europe.
http://www.celestix.com

(in reply to samjade)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Websense not filtering URGENT! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts