• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

What defines a working connection to the Network Location Server?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010] >> DirectAccess >> What defines a working connection to the Network Location Server? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What defines a working connection to the Network Locati... - 16.Jul.2010 9:08:49 AM   
tshinder

That's a good question because it might be more than what you think. If you check the current documentation, a DirectAccess client needs to be able to connect to the NLS server to turn off it's NRPT. The definition of a connection from what is documented is a HTTP 200 OK response. This might give you the impression that anything that comes after the 200 OK can be valid or garbage.

Not true. In fact, the DirectAccess client must be able to get a *valid* response from the NLS server. That means the NLS server must provide a valid response from the perspective of WinHTTP. One thing that could cause such a failure is an invalid header returned from the Web server.

Make sure to check the Edge Man blog for a detailed account of a case where everything seems right, but a bad header caused the DirectAccess client connection to the NLS to fail, even though the connection from IE was OK!

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010] >> DirectAccess >> What defines a working connection to the Network Location Server? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts