• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

What should I set the default gateway address to be on hte Internal NIC.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> What should I set the default gateway address to be on hte Internal NIC. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What should I set the default gateway address to be on ... - 22.Mar.2001 10:07:00 PM   
HDG_SUPPORT

I have a box with two NICs one for internal and one connected to the Internet. What should the default gateway IP address be set to on the Internal NIC?
Post #: 1
RE: What should I set the default gateway address to be... - 22.Mar.2001 10:23:00 PM   
pobeng

quote:
Originally posted by HDG_SUPPORT:
I have a box with two NICs one for internal and one connected to the Internet. What should the default gateway IP address be set to on the Internal NIC?

You only need to set the default gateway on the external NIC.

Paul Obeng

(in reply to HDG_SUPPORT)
Post #: 2
RE: What should I set the default gateway address to be... - 23.Mar.2001 5:27:00 PM   
HDG_SUPPORT

quote:
Originally posted by pobeng:
You only need to set the default gateway on the external NIC.

Paul Obeng

Paul, thanks for the response. I changed it and everything seems to work now. Before with teh default gateway set to the internal NIC IP I could not get host name resolution from an external DNS server.

Rod

(in reply to HDG_SUPPORT)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> What should I set the default gateway address to be on hte Internal NIC. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts