• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Windows Media Server Publishing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Windows Media Server Publishing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows Media Server Publishing - 13.Sep.2003 9:12:00 PM   
whoerner

I am trying to publish windows media services through isa. WMS resides on an IIS box behind ISA. When I connect to that site from inside the network, no problem seeing content. When connecting from outside, windows media player times out. I have setup a server publishing rule using the windows media server protocol, specified the same external ip as the website the link is in, but no go from external network. Am I doing this in the correct place inside isa for publishing?

Wynn
Post #: 1
RE: Windows Media Server Publishing - 13.Sep.2003 9:40:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Who,

Are you using a Server Publishing Rule? I've done it that way and its no problem.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to whoerner)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows Media Server Publishing - 13.Sep.2003 10:26:00 PM   
whoerner

Tom,

Yes, I have the internal ip of the server specified, the external ip of one of the isa servers in the array that also publishes the website that has the link to the clip. I specified the windows media server protocol (mms windows media server) in the drop down. I have tried to get this to work over a dial-up connection through aol. I have a cable modem internet connection with 3 dynamic ips, 2 of them for 2 isa servers, and the third for a separate network. I can see the video just fine from the third ip, but I figure that is because I am still on my cable internet providers network. I also have setup a protocol rule, not knowing what is the best way. From what you are indicating, that is not necessary? The link to play the video is http://www.hoerner.ws:8081. Perhaps it will work for you. I am still in development of site, it just has the wms link for testing purposes. I went ahead and deleted the protocol rule. I have the clip link setup going to an .asx file in order to play, which seems standard procedure. Thank you for your reply.

Wynn

(in reply to whoerner)
Post #: 3
RE: Windows Media Server Publishing - 14.Sep.2003 12:07:00 AM   
whoerner

Tom,

Is there any chance that because I have the site published on port 8081 that there would be an issue with that. I have set up a wms server on windows server 2003, but still cannot see it from the outside, even one machine on a different ip address with the cable modem. This is wierd that I have things setup seemingly correct on isa, using .asx files to play the content, and using the latest version of wms.

Wynn

(in reply to whoerner)
Post #: 4
RE: Windows Media Server Publishing - 15.Sep.2003 4:40:00 AM   
whoerner

Just thought I would say that it seems that I can get media services 4.1 to work through isa, but not media services 9 series. Anybody have any experience with 9 series?

Wynn

(in reply to whoerner)
Post #: 5
RE: Windows Media Server Publishing - 15.Sep.2003 2:50:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Wynn,

You do need to make sure that you're forwarding to the same port that you're receiving the requests on.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to whoerner)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Windows Media Server Publishing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts