• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Windows Media Services

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Windows Media Services Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows Media Services - 7.Aug.2002 5:08:00 PM   
lck0925

Has anyone configured ISA so that Windows Media Services could stream video to clients?.. I thought I got it all figured out but for some reason only some video files worked and some files didn't. Everything works fine if my server does not go thru the ISA.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Windows Media Services - 12.Aug.2002 3:02:00 PM   
lck0925

Hmm.. no matter where i post no one seems to know the answer. It turns out that if i disable UDP in windows media "player" it works.. but this is odd cuz if i give the media server a direct connection to the internet (no ISA) i can enable UDP and it'll connect properly.

I'm still having problems enabling "http" streaming.. ISA does not supply a predefinied protocol for it.. I'm still looking into it..

Thanks for those that looked @ my post even though they didn't know how to answer.

Hope this will help someone in a similar situation.

T

(in reply to lck0925)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows Media Services - 12.Aug.2002 8:24:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi lck,

I've looked at your post, but don't have an answer. I once put together a file to and published it via an MMS publishing rule, and it seemed to work. But since I didn't really know what I was doing (in terms of making the .avi file streamable)I gave up on the project until I had more time to figure out what was going on. However, the file did appear to stream as soon as I placed it in the right directory and created a MMS publishing rule.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to lck0925)
Post #: 3
RE: Windows Media Services - 12.Aug.2002 10:06:00 PM   
lck0925

Hey tshinder.. thanks for the reply.. i kinda had this feeling that people did look @ my post.. but they just didn't want to give bad or unsure advice. I totally understand.. it seems like this Windows Media Services isn't all that popular.. I can't find any forums with ppl familiar with it.

Yeah I put in the MMS publishing rule.. it works for Cable users (my connection @ home) but not DSL users (our client and our ADSL connection). I found a work around from a post on the general forum.. but i don't get why DSL users have problems but not cable.. very frustrating.. i wrote two other posts and i asked you something in one of them (fragment filtering.. is it mandatory to disable it?). I'm so frustrated.. my boss KEEPS telling me i have a H.323 gatekeeper problem and I don't think so since I've gone so far already by just putting a server publishing rule in. ARghh.. going crazy...

T [Confused] [Roll Eyes] [Mad]

(in reply to lck0925)
Post #: 4
RE: Windows Media Services - 23.Aug.2002 2:32:00 AM   
lck0925

Argh.. this is bad news.. i can't believe this is a common occurence and MS never fixed it?..

Unfortunatly my boss doesn't plan to get a domain for the media server i'm working on so i'm stuck with IPs.. plus he wants it behind the ISA server which makes it a hassle for me. I had to disable UDP & TCP in ISA just to force the client's WMP to use the HTTP protocol. What makes it even more worse is that i have to put the publishing rule @ the #1 spot so clients can access it.. and now all the other web publishing ips get forwarded over there.. what a hassle.

ANyhow thanks for ur help..

T

(in reply to lck0925)
Post #: 5
RE: Windows Media Services - 23.Aug.2002 6:17:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi T,

Are you using SP1 on the ISA Server? That's supposed to fix many of the problems with publishing by IP address.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to lck0925)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Windows Media Services Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts