• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Wishes

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Server 2004 Wish List >> Wishes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wishes - 21.Nov.2006 4:20:50 AM   
tomers@tomers.co.il

My current wishes:

1) More NAT capabilities.  I want to be able to configure NAT translations just like Checkpoint.

2) Better Publishing functions.  I want to be able to publish a HTTPS server and access that publishing rule from internal clients too. As for today it is not possible for HTTPS. I assume it has something to do with my first wish..

Tomer Schwaitzer
MCT, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
Post #: 1
RE: Wishes - 24.Nov.2006 12:39:53 PM   
tshinder

Hi Tomer,

#1 -- will be improved with the next version!

#2 -- You can already do that. Just configure the rule to listen on the Internal network (or whatever network you want) and then configure DNS appropropriately.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to tomers@tomers.co.il)
Post #: 2
RE: Wishes - 25.Nov.2006 3:25:17 AM   
tomers@tomers.co.il

I'm already familier with this method... The main issue is doing it without touching the DNS...

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Wishes - 26.Nov.2006 10:43:11 AM   
tshinder

Why not configure DNS? I've done it hundreds of times -- very easy.

I don't see how its possible without understanding DNS.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to tomers@tomers.co.il)
Post #: 4
RE: Wishes - 26.Nov.2006 5:05:21 PM   
tomers@tomers.co.il

I have a very complicated environment behind the ISA. I don't think there are many environments like this one arround.
Think about an ISP environment where ISA is the main firewall which all clients go through to the Internet.
Clients are companys networks. Each client has its own Active Directory, with Exchange and other servers.
The ISA publishes many Exchange servers for different AD Forests, Each has it's own IP ranges, own ISA network and no one has access to each other. All the networks have NAT relationship with the Internet (By ISA) and no relationship with each other.
With DNS, I can solve for each client the access for its own servers.
BUT:
What happens if one of the clients is physicaly visiting a collegue who happens to be another client behind the same ISA, and the first client wants to access his OWA. Here I have a problem which has only one solution as for now:
Make relationship between the two networks...(Which I can't because of contract limits).
The only solutions I think of is using the same Publish rule that I use for the internet, and access the OWA by its external IP. But what do you now.... HTTPS don't work.... (every other protocol works by the way)
Any idea ?

Tomer Schwaitzer
MCT, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Server 2004 Wish List >> Wishes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts