• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

X-Windows

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> X-Windows Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
X-Windows - 21.May2002 9:02:00 PM   
bluntman

Hi,

I have a Windows workstation running Xwin32 (X server like exceed) in my LAN and I'm trying to get to a Linux box that's on the internet.

I'm able to to connect via ssh1 to the linux box and so execute this :
export DISPLAY="my.server.ip:0.0"

Theorically from what I've read , I just need to publish port TCP 6000 and UDP 177 in order for me to be able to create the X connection; but unfortunatly that doesn't work.

If anyone had any experience doing that kind of thing I would love to know how the problem had been solve ( what kind of rules and protocol definition do I have to create on the ISA server itself ).

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: X-Windows - 21.May2002 9:22:00 PM   
Abraham

Hi.bluntman

You must create a Protocol Definition for your application, then create a Protocol Rule and Use you Protocol Definition. If the App is Behind ISA you can use a Server Publishing Rule that points to your application.

Check the Log¦s of ISA to verify that you App use only that Ports.

Note: Before any change on ISA, make a Backup of his Configuration(Right Click on the Server)

(in reply to bluntman)
Post #: 2
RE: X-Windows - 22.May2002 7:48:00 PM   
bluntman

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunatly it seems that I don't have enough ports open .

Your idea of logging what's trying to go through is a good idea , however when checking the logs in the ISALOGS folder I only see :
10.0.0.2 - - 2002-05-22 17:45:11 D1 - 123.123.123.123 33094 22938 - - 6000 TCP Accept 10060 2 4

And the connection never gets established.

How can I know what other ports are trying to be accessed ?

Thanks

(in reply to bluntman)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> X-Windows Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts