• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

X - Sessions

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> X - Sessions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
X - Sessions - 16.Apr.2002 7:53:00 PM   
trav7376

I'm trying to configure a remote client using Reflection X access to a published server.
I know that xdmcp uses UDP port 177 and X Windows Systems uses ports 6000-6063. I've created the protol definition of recieve udp port 177, created the access policy and published the server. I stuck on allowing the port 6000 back out as a destination port to the client x-server.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: X - Sessions - 19.Apr.2002 12:25:00 AM   
sniper

when you defined the protocol definition did you allow secondary connections out bound for the specified range?

(in reply to trav7376)
Post #: 2
RE: X - Sessions - 19.Apr.2002 2:13:00 AM   
trav7376

Yes,
Protocol Definition is: UDP 177 Receive
Secondary Connection is: TCP 6000 - 6063 outbound

I created a protocol rule allowing that definition to any request with an always schedule for testing purposes, later I'll narrow if down to a specific IP range.

Then I published the server verifying the proper IP addresses and choose the above created protocol as the mapped protocol to use.

I am able to publish the same server as a telnet server. This works just fine remotely.

After analyzing the packets the external interface appears to be still blocking the udp port 177 from entering into the private network.

I'll give it a shot again, I'll completely start over and recreate it all. I'll sniff both sides to see what gets passed back and forth and let you know.

Thanks

(in reply to trav7376)
Post #: 3
RE: X - Sessions - 19.Apr.2002 3:31:00 AM   
sniper

sniff would be great data to have let me know how it goes another quick thought is the published server able to reply on UDP 177? you had to manually create that so try to have a protocol rule associated with the published server

(in reply to trav7376)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> X - Sessions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts