• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Yes, another PC Anywhere on the ISA Server question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Yes, another PC Anywhere on the ISA Server question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yes, another PC Anywhere on the ISA Server question - 10.Oct.2003 2:09:00 PM   
rcspang

I have a LEGITIMATE need to install PCAnywhere on an ISA Server (which happens to also be a Small Business Server). A client's software support company needs to run PCAnywhere on the ISA server. I have set up two allow filters:
Custom, TCP, Inbound, Local-Fixed-5361, Remote-All
Custom, UDP, ReceiveSend, Local-Fixed-5632, Remote-All

Is this right? I have searched the message boards here and I have successfully set up inbound PCAW to a host behind the firewall in the past, but I have found no good info on successfully setting up pcaw on a server.

Also, I must open 1433 to allow a SQL app to function. Is that as simple as a Custom, TCP, Inbound, Local-Fixed-1433, Remote-All filter?

Thanks,
Randy Spangler
Post #: 1
RE: Yes, another PC Anywhere on the ISA Server question - 10.Oct.2003 5:24:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Randy,

Symantec makes it clear that pcA is not supported on pcA, and pcA does break the interface.

However, if you must run it, you need to create packet filters, not protocol or publishin rules.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to rcspang)
Post #: 2
RE: Yes, another PC Anywhere on the ISA Server question - 10.Oct.2003 9:54:00 PM   
rcspang

Yes, Tom, I am creating packet filters, not rules. My description was my way of shorthanding the two packet filters that I created. Also, was my approach to SQL access OK?

TIA,
Randy

(in reply to rcspang)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Yes, another PC Anywhere on the ISA Server question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts