• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Zone.msn.com and Rogue Spear (rainbow 6)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Zone.msn.com and Rogue Spear (rainbow 6) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zone.msn.com and Rogue Spear (rainbow 6) - 6.Nov.2001 1:47:00 AM   
Jwoodlee

Im going insane..

Here is the problem Rogue Spear using the Zone.msn.com . I configured ISA with the "Internet Gaming Zone" from the ports page but I dont think that is the same thing. Chess and free games did not work

I configured Direct Play cause its a directplay game(directx 8) I configured it using the ports page "method" including the client configs with RogueSpear (the correct exe name) I also added the inbound 6073 port listed on the MS technote specificaly for Direct X 8.

Zone loads "Zone Friends" which is in the form of two applications (best that i can tell) that manages the game connection.

Zone.exe and zproxy.exe -- should these have app settings? Zone Friends never logs in so im not supprised when it fail to load the lobby!

HELP anyone got any words of wisdom to share.
Help me obiwan your my only hope!

Thanks

Jason

Post #: 1
RE: Zone.msn.com and Rogue Spear (rainbow 6) - 6.Nov.2001 3:56:00 PM   
Jez

Hey,
Not sure about the port requirements, but I tend to find them out myself by using bt-Patrol from www.burstek.com. Run it, and it gives you a realtime view of your log files. Then start the game (you can filter it to show only blocked connections, the info will be in either the packet filter or firewall log). When you try to launch the game/logon to servers etc (at the point its failing) you should see the blocked connections/packets. You can then open up the requried ports, or fix the firewall client settings (i.e if the ports are open, but its still being blocked, then maybe it was a type in the firewall application settings etc).

------------------
Regards,
Jez
email: jez@ateallthepies.com
www: www.ateallthepies.com

(in reply to Jwoodlee)
Post #: 2
RE: Zone.msn.com and Rogue Spear (rainbow 6) - 7.Nov.2001 12:22:00 AM   
JaimeP

Hm, you mentioned that chess and checkers didn't work on the Zone when you set that up. That all should work as it uses standard Zone port numbers that do not change. Are you using the Firewall client? If so, are you certain that it is properly communicating with the ISA Server? I've seen a number of people that had the firewall client installed and they had it set to "auto detect" and then didn't have any of the auto detection stuff in place. Uncheck the autodetect and manually type in the isa server name to make sure that its all working correctly. Its just a suggestion - not sure if this is even relevant to your issue or not. Let me know what happens. If I remember I'll give that Zone stuff a try again at home tonight and verify that it still works.

------------------
-JaimeP
ISA Server Game/Apps Port List

(in reply to Jwoodlee)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Zone.msn.com and Rogue Spear (rainbow 6) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts