• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

alienproxy,slyproxy,proxysite are being used to bypass the firewall how do i block them all

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> alienproxy,slyproxy,proxysite are being used to bypass the firewall how do i block them all Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
alienproxy,slyproxy,proxysite are being used to bypass ... - 18.May2006 5:11:05 PM   
carlpotter

There are loads of site students are using to bypass the list of bloccked site in ISA server2004. At the moment I have a big list of blocked proxy bypass sites but I think this will only get bigger is their a way to block all proxy site do they use a special port or can it be detected in the host headers? looking through the traffic log there does not seem to be anything concistant that could be blocked. 
Post #: 1
RE: alienproxy,slyproxy,proxysite are being used to byp... - 18.May2006 6:53:03 PM   
LLigetfa

It is a moving target both because they are popping uplike mushrooms and because they use different techniques.  Some also use SSL and so cannot be inspected for content.  You have three choices... manage a growing whitelist, manage a growing blacklist, or subscribe to a decent content management add-on.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to carlpotter)
Post #: 2
RE: alienproxy,slyproxy,proxysite are being used to byp... - 19.May2006 1:21:07 AM   
elmajdal

or get SurfControl

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 3
RE: alienproxy,slyproxy,proxysite are being used to byp... - 19.May2006 1:29:52 AM   
LLigetfa

quote:

or subscribe to a decent content management add-on.

Does SurfControl not fall into that category?

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 4
RE: alienproxy,slyproxy,proxysite are being used to byp... - 19.May2006 1:35:40 AM   
elmajdal

i prefer shooting the target instead of refering to it.

is saying "get a decent firewall" something like "GET ISA 2004"

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 5
RE: alienproxy,slyproxy,proxysite are being used to byp... - 27.May2006 5:05:25 AM   
Kambiz

Hi
We also heavily engaged.
Selected 2 parallel actions : managing and empowring our blacklist / URL filtering of "proxy" word ; while sounding too open to filter normally our business would not be relevant to any technical proxy information! so we simply are targeting it and seeking for better methods.
Good luck,

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> alienproxy,slyproxy,proxysite are being used to bypass the firewall how do i block them all Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts