• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

buying an appliance soon - need assistance in choosing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Firewall Appliances >> buying an appliance soon - need assistance in choosing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
buying an appliance soon - need assistance in choosing - 29.Aug.2007 11:06:56 AM   
justbee

hi,

I am new to ISA technology.

Our goal is to implement an ISA 2006 appliance that will act as our Firewall/proxyserver/Web Caching Server. 

Some people are confirming that ISA2006 is NOT a firewall and that it should be placed behind a <real> firewall.

my questions :

- if it can be used as a firewall - which appliance do you suggest for an enterprise with 1000 users - HP/Celestix-etc...?
- what kind of Hard Drive capacity should be used for Web Caching services for 1000 users?

i hope my questions make sense and thank you in advance.

JB

Post #: 1
RE: buying an appliance soon - need assistance in choosing - 30.Aug.2007 4:18:20 AM   
ianfermo

Hi,

ISA 2006 is a FIREWALL. Check www.secunia.com and you will see that ISA 2004/2006 does not have any Vulnerabilities. Which means its tough and powerful.

1. Celestix is fine and they have a range of Appliance that suites your needs between HQ application to Branch Office.

2. HP ISA Appliance is as simple as out of the box configuration. So its up to you to configure it base on your needs.

Cheers...

(in reply to justbee)
Post #: 2
RE: buying an appliance soon - need assistance in choosing - 30.Aug.2007 10:41:02 AM   
tshinder

The ISA FIREWALL is a real firewall, and in fact, one of the most secure firewalls in the market today. You can confirm this by going to www.secunia.com and comparing the exploits agains various firewalls and you'll find that ISA has fewer (that is to say ZERO) exploits against it than any other firewall in the market.

There is NO reason to put another firewall in front of the ISA Firewall. Microsoft does not do it, and hundreds of other large and small companies don't do it either. My business (the most important business in the world to me) doesn't put any firewalls other than ISA Firewall in.

You can trust the ISA Firewall to be a secure edge firewall with up to 1.5Gbps throughput stateful packet inspection and over 300Mbps application layer inspection.

Celestix is very good and you can talk to their reps about sizing -- they have SKUs that will easily support your number of users.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to ianfermo)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Firewall Appliances >> buying an appliance soon - need assistance in choosing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts