• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

can't access oracle web forms

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> can't access oracle web forms Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
can't access oracle web forms - 12.Sep.2002 2:54:00 PM   
ieuan65

I wonder if anybody has come across this problem. I am trying to access an oracle web based application, I can log into the database but when jinitiator starts loading the java applet to view the forms everything freezes.

Apparently we have a firewall and then an ISA server. The IT guy who looks after our corporate network connection has opened up the required ports on the firewall and says that the application works fine from behind the firewall but when we try to access the application via the ISA server as well access is denied.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: can't access oracle web forms - 2.Apr.2003 10:41:00 AM   
jmjarvis

Hey ieuan,

Have been doing a looooooooooooot of work on this lately as I've been having something similiar. All clients are web proxy clients.

After some serious netmon's I found two problems:

The first was caused by an Apache server sending back an incorrectly sized packet back to the ISA server. ISA passes this paket to the client but then instantly drops the session between itself and the Apache server. (This is by design I should add as ISA is correctly conforming to RFC2616 (HTTP 1.1) and the Apache server is not.) The client then sends a POST request to the ISA thinking that the session to the Apache server is still active. This obviously fails.

The second was Jinitiator. It has no concept of NTLM and from what I've heard Oracle are in no rush to provide this functionality. What happens here is the browser loads and authentication takes place as normal. Then when JInitiator loads it sends an anonymous request to ISA causing ISA to ask for authentication. JInitiator ignores this request and it sits there until the timeout is reached.

Both of these problems were fixed by installing the Firewall client.

This does 2 things - firstly because its the firewall service thats handling the request and not the web proxy service the incorrectly sized packets are not dropped. This should not be a long term solution to this problem as this lies with the web server.

Secondly authentication has already been taken care off between the client and ISA.

HTH

Jas

[ April 02, 2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Jason Jarvis ]

(in reply to ieuan65)
Post #: 2
RE: can't access oracle web forms - 16.Jan.2010 4:38:31 AM   
farazm

Just to Add to the above post.

I am also using firewall client with oracle server forms and everything is working fine, except for some form screens.

Most of the screens are working at normal speed but some take abnormally long time but load after haniging for 20 - 30 secs.

I solved this issue by removing all proxy settings from oracle JInitiator, and leaving all boxes empty and unchecked.

This lest the oracle JInitiator talk to the server directly.

Also some settings on ISA to conenct directly to internal network might have also supported this setting.

(in reply to jmjarvis)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> can't access oracle web forms Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts