• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

firewall client remote install

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> firewall client remote install Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
firewall client remote install - 9.Oct.2001 8:34:00 PM   
jrossman

Hello all, I am trying to get setup so I can ship a cd to some remote clients and have them use the firewall client on there pc's. I copied the share from the ISA server and burned it to cd. The installation always fails on the first try. then it will install fine on the second try. I also am having some real trouble getting it to do a quiet install with a batch file. Any ideas would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: firewall client remote install - 11.Oct.2001 5:54:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi J,

Interesting finding. It may be that the client is trying to contact the ISA Server for more information but can't get to it before the software is installed.

Does the quite install work over the network?

Thanks!

Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to jrossman)
Post #: 2
RE: firewall client remote install - 11.Oct.2001 7:39:00 PM   
jrossman

I should clarify on the quiet install. It does work I guess with the q switch. meaning it does what is is supposed to. It does not however do a complete install w/o some interaction and disply on the screen.
The switch is really not supposed to prevent this so on effect is working. I am looking for a complete install w/o any user interaction or even display of any kind. So I am not sure this is possible. This si the case when run from the cd or from the network. Maybe the answer is in switches for the MSI instead of the setup for the client??????

(in reply to jrossman)
Post #: 3
RE: firewall client remote install - 13.Oct.2001 1:15:00 AM   
hicham_i

Dear friend, i would be greatfull if you send me the solution for silent deployment of the firewall client, i tried so hard using SMS or win2k policy but i couldnt. i think we should use an mst file along with the msi file, any idea????

(in reply to jrossman)
Post #: 4
RE: firewall client remote install - 3.Nov.2001 2:38:00 AM   
jrossman

I use a logonscript to map the Z: drive and connect to the server sharepoint with the client software, then use the .msi switches. This does a quiet install with no prompts whatsoever.

net use z: \\servername\share$
z:
msiexec /i "ms_fwc.msi" /q

(in reply to jrossman)
Post #: 5
RE: firewall client remote install - 5.Nov.2001 8:41:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi J,

Thanks for the info. Great tip!

Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to jrossman)
Post #: 6
RE: firewall client remote install - 8.Nov.2001 7:58:00 PM   
getina50

I have deployed the FWC on a test network by assigning it in group policy. It has worked so far every time I have used it.

quote:
Originally posted by hicham_i:
Dear friend, i would be greatfull if you send me the solution for silent deployment of the firewall client, i tried so hard using SMS or win2k policy but i couldnt. i think we should use an mst file along with the msi file, any idea????

(in reply to jrossman)
Post #: 7
RE: firewall client remote install - 20.Nov.2001 9:49:00 AM   
mozd3v

Can you explain *how* you assigned it in Group Policy?

m.

(in reply to jrossman)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> firewall client remote install Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts