• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

he ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> he ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
he ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the req... - 11.Jun.2008 8:50:06 AM   
wshamroukh

Dear All

I am facing a problem with my ISA 2006... It is configured to allow everything, though none of websites is opening except for some sites like google
For example when i open yahoo.com and enable the loging in the ISA, i would get a denied action on the HTTP request and below is more info about that log:

Denied Connection

Log type: Web Proxy (Forward) Status: 12209 The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy filter is denied. Rule: Source: Internal (128.69.1.125) Destination: (128.69.1.125:80) Request: GET http://www.yahoo.com/ Filter information: Req ID: 0d088078; Compression: client=No, server=No, compress rate=0% decompress rate=0% Protocol: http User: anonymous  Additional information Client agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)Object source: (No source information is available.)Cache info: 0x0Processing time: 1 MIME type:and eventually the page will not be displayed and here what i get from that page:

Technical Information (for support personnel) Error Code 10060: Connection timeout Background: The gateway could not receive a timely response from the website you are trying to access. This might indicate that the network is congested, or that the website is experiencing technical difficulties.
can anybody help me in this issue plz???
Post #: 1
RE: he ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the... - 11.Jun.2008 10:03:06 AM   
IanC

Your ISA server is configured to require authenticated Web requests, either because the outbound access rule specifies it or the Web proxy listener is set to "require all users to authenticate".  However, your clients are unable to provide credentials, probably because they are not configured as web proxy clients.

Ian 

Ian Currie

nAppliance TMG/UAG Appliances - EMEA
www.surefront.co.uk

(in reply to wshamroukh)
Post #: 2
RE: he ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the... - 11.Jun.2008 4:33:29 PM   
paulo.oliveira

Hello,

thatīs rigth Ian! Once you check this option you are saying to ISA, allow only authenticated users traffic and deny all other (anonymous). You donīt need to check this option to require ISA to authenticate users, you can just create a rule and aplly to an specified user set (other than All Users).

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira

(in reply to IanC)
Post #: 3
RE: he ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the... - 12.Jun.2008 1:01:43 AM   
wshamroukh

I disabled that option... but still i am not able to go over the internet.. here is what i get when i open www.yahoo.com

Failed Connection Attempt ISA 6/12/2008 9:01:44 AM Log type: Web Proxy (Forward) Status: 10060 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. Rule: [System] Allow HTTP/HTTPS requests from ISA Server to selected servers for connectivity verifiers Source: Local Host (128.69.1.125) Destination: External (f1.us.www.vip.ird.yahoo.com 87.248.113.14:80) Request: GET http://www.yahoo.com/ Filter information: Req ID: 0d088141; Compression: client=No, server=No, compress rate=0% decompress rate=0% Protocol: http User: anonymous

(in reply to paulo.oliveira)
Post #: 4
RE: he ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the... - 12.Jun.2008 7:34:04 AM   
paulo.oliveira

Hi,

first, why are you using ISA to access webpages? I strongly do not recommend you to do it, because in this way you are making ISA susceptible to attacks.
Second, use the following rule: "Allow HTTP/HTTPS requests from ISA Server to specified sites", make sure the site you are trying to access is in System Policy Allowed Sites domain name sets.
Third, try to access other site than www.yahoo.com.

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

(in reply to wshamroukh)
Post #: 5
RE: he ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the... - 12.Jun.2008 7:55:10 AM   
gbarnas

Is ISA on the edge, connected DIRECTLY to the Internet, or is it behind another firewall?

Glenn

(in reply to wshamroukh)
Post #: 6
RE: he ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the... - 12.Jun.2008 8:09:43 AM   
Jason Jones

In my experience, 10060 connection timeouts are normally caused by basic networking issues or problems with DNS.

If ISA has trouble conencting to the upstream web server for some reason, the 10060 response is normally generated. Sometimes this is caused by issues with DNS or slow resolution from ISA.

I would look at the basics first and then work up...

Cheers

JJ

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to gbarnas)
Post #: 7
RE: he ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the... - 12.Jun.2008 10:45:25 AM   
wshamroukh

well, my ISA2006 is not at the backend og my network, it is behind a firewall. and I have one network card is configured and connected to our LAN, while the other network card is not connected at all.

I have tried other websites but still they are not openning. the only website opens is google.com

(in reply to Jason Jones)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> he ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts