• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

is there a max entry for rule?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> is there a max entry for rule? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
is there a max entry for rule? - 24.Oct.2012 9:55:16 PM   
rsexton

Hello all,
Newbie here, but not new to ISA but the newest version I have used is 2006 and I love it. Thanks to everyone for the help I've used over the years from this site.

I have a situation where over time I use the active monitor to see people trying to attack the network. I perform a whois on the source IP and when it's from a country or company that I don't care to have more packets from, I add the entire subnet to a block rule for the "from" field.

This has worked fantastic and I have built one heck of a nice block list, but I recently ran into problems not getting email from gmail.com. Come to find out, if I disable this extensive rule, the email will flow. I took the time to view each entry in the rule (from GUI and exported XML) and could not find the source IP for gmail of 209.85.

I am thinking I have exceeded the maximum entry possible by ISA server. Would anyone any have information on the maximum number of entries in any given rule?

Additionally, to my surprise, after exporting the most recent version the XML file size is just 237k, but when I look at the size of an older export from 09/19/12 the size of that is 653k. It seems I do have another exported from 08-01-12 at 234k.

I have really INVESTED a lot of time building this rule, and I just love having it. It is time consuming, but it cracks me up knowing that the next time the bad people make that attempt that they will need a new ISP to try my network again. :-)

Again, thanks to everyone!
Rob
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> is there a max entry for rule? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts