• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

isa 2006 ssl certificates

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> isa 2006 ssl certificates Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
isa 2006 ssl certificates - 16.Sep.2010 2:13:28 PM   
mjames127

ok so i am new to isaserver.org. so i may not be posting this in the correct forum but here goes.
we currently are running a 24 server data center with 18 of these servers in production. we were previously running ISA 2000 on a system with a failing harddrive. i have successfully replaced the old ISA 2000 server with a server running isa 2006 ent by manually copying all settings. my problem is this i have set up many ssl certificates for secure communications, most commonly on SBS servers but never from behind an isa server(i finally convinced my boss that we needed ssl to allow for secure communications when not at the office.) however i have seen conflicting information on wether the ssl cert should be requested from/installed on the exchange server or requested from/installed on the isa server. i have read articles that indicate the request should come from the exchange server and the be imported into the isa server. i have also read articles that stated almost the exact opposite. could someone point me in the right direction or poin tme to a thread that details this info. i would like to have rpc over https setup and tested by the C.O.B. tomorrow. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance to all of you and your combined knowledge.
Post #: 1
RE: isa 2006 ssl certificates - 15.Jan.2011 8:42:48 AM   
Bio

You'll need to export an SSL cert from your internal CA or from a third party CA. That cert needs to be imported into the personal cert store on the ISA / TMG box.

bio..

(in reply to mjames127)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> isa 2006 ssl certificates Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts