• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Incomplete Web Pages

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Cache] >> Web Proxy Client >> Incomplete Web Pages Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Incomplete Web Pages - 3.Oct.2002 8:53:00 AM   
Sutton

Hi All,

I have an ISA server, with SP1, running in integrated mode. I have a mixture of client operating systems. They are:

90% Windows 2000 with IE 6.0 (SP1).
10% MAC (OS9/10.x)with IE 5.x

The problem I have is related to the MACs.

All clients, including the MAC's are configured to use the proxy server. They are both SecureNAT and Web proxy clients.

When I enable the option "Ask unauthenticated users for credentials" on the outbound web listener the MACs receive incomplete web pages. he Win32 machines are fine. I have left the authentication on the we b listener to be Integrated so that it is transparent for the Win32 users.

When the "Ask authentication ..." option is disabled and anoymous connections are allowed through the MACs have no problems as all.

One of the requirements is to log user names in the ISA logs. I have considered segmenting the MACs and Win32 machines using client address sets however it does not fit with the requirement.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated. "[Smile]"

Regards,

Nathan.

[ October 03, 2002, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Sutton ]
Post #: 1
RE: Incomplete Web Pages - 3.Oct.2002 4:17:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Nathan,

I've had the same problem with Macs. I figured tha basic authentication would work and the SecureNAT client configured would work. Well, neither one seems to work very well for OS X. However, I didn't spend much time on the problem, so there might be other things I could have done. What I did was create a client address set so I could exert access control.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Sutton)
Post #: 2
RE: Incomplete Web Pages - 4.Oct.2002 2:40:00 AM   
Sutton

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. It is comforting to know you have problems with them as well. I was staring to doubt my config. for a while.

Unfortunately the logging of user names is more important to my customer than access control. I will keep trying.

Thanks again.

Nathan.

(in reply to Sutton)
Post #: 3
RE: Incomplete Web Pages - 5.Oct.2002 4:55:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Nathan,

If you come up with a solution, let us know. I know that we should be able to configure the browsers as Web Proxy clients, and then enable basic authentication at the Outgoing Web Requests listener, but it doesn't seem to work with the Macs.

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to Sutton)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Cache] >> Web Proxy Client >> Incomplete Web Pages Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts