• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Automatic Configuration Script

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Cache] >> Web Proxy Client >> Automatic Configuration Script Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Automatic Configuration Script - 30.Jul.2003 5:20:00 PM   
gtlscot

At present we are currently testing the implementation of ISA server. Our intentions are to use ISA caching in an enterprise array with the servers routed to upstream websweeper proxy servers. We are having two separate problems with the automatic configuration script settings in IE.

Problem 1.

Although we have successfully managed to use the configuration script we have encountered problems with further testing. When a client logs on for the first time and the logon script picks up the path to the ISA server and script it does not always open the web page. From our testing we have only managed to get the script settings functioning if we manaually input the desired ISA server settings manually in the proxy server settings in IE. Using this option gives the client access to the web. Next stage we change back to the auto config script and hey presto internet access appears.

I would appreciate if anyone could advise what the best steps to take to resolve this issue and why this would be happening. We have been advised that it is imperative that we using the CARP functionality within our set-up but our encountering these problems.

Problem 2.

ISA documentation states that the recommended option is to use the ISA array name. How do the machines know what the array name is> Puzzled. As we have not been able to figure this option out we have looked at the following options.
To remove the single point of failure factor rather than pointing the script to an individual server our preferred option would be to create new DNS host name pointing to all servers within in each array using DNS round robin. Does anyone think this is workabable? Or is the recommended option to point to only 1 server in the array for the configuration script.

Apologies for the long posting but now realy stuck.

Regards

Graeme.
Post #: 1
RE: Automatic Configuration Script - 4.Aug.2003 5:48:00 AM   
>>To remove the single point of failure factor rather than pointing the script to an individual server our preferred option would be to create new DNS host name pointing to all servers within in each array using DNS round robin. Does anyone think this is workabable?

Yes, it works fine.
Just add to your DNS zone the appropriate numbers of records with the same name, for instance, "proxy"

proxy A 10.0.0.1
proxy A 10.0.0.2
proxy A 10.0.0.3
and so on...

or use the CNAME record type

proxy CNAME server1.domain
proxy CNAME server2.domain
proxy CNAME server3.domain
and so on...

And use anywhere
proxy.domain
as name of proxy-server. For instance,
in WPAD/WSPAD configuration...

(in reply to gtlscot)
  Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Cache] >> Web Proxy Client >> Automatic Configuration Script Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts