• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA Server inaccessable

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Cache] >> Web Proxy Client >> ISA Server inaccessable Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA Server inaccessable - 27.Oct.2003 3:10:00 PM   
Wedders

I am very new to ISA server so if anyone could help me out with the problem below it would be much appreciated.

Recently installed an ISA server in caching only mode, access from clients to normal sites works a treat but I have had difficulty connecting to a traing web site which downloads online tests. I have installed the firewall client which picks up the ISA server but reports it as inaccessible in the system tray. When I open firewall client and select update I get the error "The server is not an ISA server or the server is down" Clients resolve the name of the ISA server OK via DNS so I don't really know what the problem is. Any ideas?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: ISA Server inaccessable - 27.Oct.2003 5:40:00 PM   
sniper

Wedders,

Cache only mode you will need to make the client web proxy clients by modifing the web browsers connections.

The fireall client is looking for the firewall service which is not present in cache mode

(in reply to Wedders)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA Server inaccessable - 28.Oct.2003 9:41:00 AM   
Wedders

I have configured Internet Explorer to use the ISA server aswell but the Training program I'm using needs a Proxy client installed which I thought the Firewall client was. Does this mean I have installed the wrong client or do I need to install ISA in Firewall mode aswell to get the client to work as a proxy client?

Thanks

(in reply to Wedders)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA Server inaccessable - 29.Oct.2003 12:07:00 AM   
AHIT

Both the proxy client (from the old MS Proxy 2.0) and the ISA FWclient will work with ISA.

I think you answered your own question in stating your problem... "Recently installed an ISA server in caching only mode".
How can the firewall client work when ISA itself is not configured as a firewall? There must be some firewall services running for the firewall client to connect through.. hence the "The server is not an ISA server or the server is down" basically saying... "Oi! I can't find a firewall service on that machine!"

I'm a fraction confused by you wording with respect to "proxy client"... Is that the old MSProxy2.0 installable client.... or like a web browser configured with proxy settings?
If it's the latter you need to ensure that your application has an area for webproxy and, if your rules on ISA require it, somewhere to enter user credentials to get access.

(in reply to Wedders)
Post #: 4
RE: ISA Server inaccessable - 29.Oct.2003 1:43:00 PM   
Wedders

Setup the server in intergrated mode, now the Firewall client connects and the program works correctly.

Thanks for the help

(in reply to Wedders)
Post #: 5
RE: ISA Server inaccessable - 30.Oct.2003 12:42:00 AM   
AHIT

Glad to hear you got it working.
Thanks for the update.

(in reply to Wedders)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Cache] >> Web Proxy Client >> ISA Server inaccessable Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts