• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to restart web proxy service and firewall service?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> How to restart web proxy service and firewall service? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to restart web proxy service and firewall service? - 28.Mar.2001 11:32:00 AM   
free8000

Hi,

I had installed ISA in my server and worked fine.
After a week, the monitor services of Web Proxy and Firewall stopped and cannot be restarted. Looking up the system log, the following messages were given:

Microsoft web proxy cannot be started because of 2147952422 and stopped,
Microsoft firewall service cannot be started because of 213007 and stopped.

what's meaning about the two messages,
and how to restart the two services.

Thank you.
mao xiao

Post #: 1
RE: How to restart web proxy service and firewall service? - 29.Mar.2001 1:18:00 AM   
TheJackal

Hi ,

Can you restart ISA Control in Services MMC of your Windows 2000 Server ?

Good luck
PTH

(in reply to free8000)
Post #: 2
RE: How to restart web proxy service and firewall service? - 31.Mar.2001 2:18:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Mao,

I haven't seen these errors, so I can't tell you exactly what is causing them. Try deleting your current web cache file and then create a new one, sometime cache corruption can cause funny errors.

Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

(in reply to free8000)
Post #: 3
RE: How to restart web proxy service and firewall service? - 31.Mar.2001 7:44:00 AM   
free8000

Hi PTH,

The ISA Server Control has been started in Services MMC.

Mao Xiao

quote:
Originally posted by TheJackal:
Hi ,

Can you restart ISA Control in Services MMC of your Windows 2000 Server ?

Good luck
PTH

(in reply to free8000)
Post #: 4
RE: How to restart web proxy service and firewall service? - 31.Mar.2001 7:46:00 AM   
free8000

Hi Tom,

I delete the current web cache file and then create a new one, But the monitor services of Web Proxy and Firewall cannot be restarted too.

Mao Xiao

quote:
Originally posted by tshinder:
Hi Mao,

I haven't seen these errors, so I can't tell you exactly what is causing them. Try deleting your current web cache file and then create a new one, sometime cache corruption can cause funny errors.

Tom

(in reply to free8000)
Post #: 5
RE: How to restart web proxy service and firewall service? - 31.Mar.2001 10:10:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Mao,

Does the Event Viewer give an specific information that might be helpful in explaining why the services won't start? Perhaps one of the adapters isn't working propertly or there is a problem with the RRAS configuration on the machine?

I suspect there is a conflicting or corrupted service that is causing this. Check out the "Services" applet in the control panel and see what dependent services may not be starting, too.

If all else fails, wipe the machine and start over

Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

(in reply to free8000)
Post #: 6
RE: How to restart web proxy service and firewall service? - 31.Jul.2001 6:19:00 PM   
nattruax

I'm having the same problem. I look in the ISA Mgt Console and can't start the services. I go to Control Panel and can't start these services there either. I look in event viewer and get the following message in two separate entries:

The MS Web Proxy Service Terminated with service-specific error 2147950602.

The MS Firewall Service terminated with service-specific error 213007.

When I reboot the machine, I also get a pop-up message saying that at least one service or driver failed.

Any help appreciated.

Natalie

(in reply to free8000)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> How to restart web proxy service and firewall service? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts