• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Does multiple gateways == multiple external interfaces (nics)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> Does multiple gateways == multiple external interfaces (nics) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does multiple gateways == multiple external interfaces ... - 30.Mar.2001 7:57:00 PM   
xmldude

Hi,
@Home has given me 5 ips but they all have different gateways. I would like to use one ISA server to allow 4 computers and one NAT box to access the internet. Do I a nic for each external gateway? And would I also need a nic for each internal interface (using the 5 external gateways)?

Thanks!

Post #: 1
RE: Does multiple gateways == multiple external interfa... - 31.Mar.2001 2:02:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi XML,

You only need one external IP address for the external interface of the ISA Server. I assume that all 5 IP addresses are on the same network ID, and therefore each of gateways you received should be reachable from any of the IP addresses, in the event that you want to bind multiple IP addresses to the external interface.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

(in reply to xmldude)
Post #: 2
RE: Does multiple gateways == multiple external interfa... - 17.Sep.2001 3:04:00 AM   
Hi tshinder,

Can I ask your opinion with this config?

<> NIC1 <> ISP1
Internal <> ISA <> NIC2 <> ISP2
<> NIC3 <> ISP3

1. What do I need to install in ISA to support multiple gateways? I tried putting multiple gateways but it seems that it will only go out to the first one.

2. Any other special config or service I need to add to make the ISA use all gateways in a "load-balacing" way?

your help will be very much appreciated.

(in reply to xmldude)
  Post #: 3
RE: Does multiple gateways == multiple external interfa... - 17.Sep.2001 3:24:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi SaintLuci,

ISA Server will support a single external interface. However, you can bind multiple IP addresses to that single external interface.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to xmldude)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> Does multiple gateways == multiple external interfaces (nics) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts