• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Remote Admin/PCAnywhere/OWA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> Remote Admin/PCAnywhere/OWA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Remote Admin/PCAnywhere/OWA - 18.Sep.2001 1:29:00 AM   
rpainter

Hi it's me again. This system I inherited was an NT4/Proxy Server that I have upgraded to W2k/ISA. It has PcAnywhere installed on the Server for remote Admin. I have not been able to get it to respond to an outside request(ie: coming in from my home). I see on your boards that you don't reccommend PCAnywhere on ISA. So my two questions are: 1. What is the problem with PCAnywhere(Security?, something else?)
2.How can I get PCA to work for outside requests ?
3. What would you reccommend for remote access to ISA from outside instead? (I am willing to put something else together in the future, but I need PCA to work now the way it did before the upgrade)
4. We publish OWA on an internal exchange server, but now we can not get in to it from the internet anymore.. do you have any basic help here?
I am sorry for being a little green on these issues, but I appreciate any help along the way. thanks !
Russell Painter
Post #: 1
RE: Remote Admin/PCAnywhere/OWA - 18.Sep.2001 2:09:00 AM   
Ben

I have found Windows 2000 Terminal Services in Remote Admin mode to work better than PC Anywhere. It's easier to setup and the client is thinner. Security is better integrated, and the performance is quicker.

Although both PC Anywhere and Terminal Services allow for 128 bit encryption, you may not want to allow access from the outside. Instead, require administrators outside to first VPN inside, then access the console via PC Anywhere or Terminal Services. This avoids needing to open up more ports on the firewall, provided you are already allowing VPN.

(in reply to rpainter)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> Remote Admin/PCAnywhere/OWA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts