• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

VPN Questions (Domain Trust Issues)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> VPN Questions (Domain Trust Issues) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VPN Questions (Domain Trust Issues) - 18.Oct.2001 5:24:00 AM   
jglancey

New to the VPN game here so please bear with my inexperience - I have a few questions. Just doing research at this point but looking for some guidance.

Small company (100 users) using ISA Server. During initial research and setup of the ISA Server, I saw two trains of thought on the one forest vs keeping ISA in its own forest and for security considerations, went with the separate domain with a one-way trust.

ISA Server is its own Win2K forest running AD with a one-way trust with the primary company domain. The primary domain is in mixed mode currently with a Win2K DC. New project assigned today to research using VPN to allow users to connect to the primary domain remotely.

I want to use ISA server to have users connect to that server to gain access to the primary domain. What issues do you foresee due to the one-way trust issue? Will company users have to logon first to the ISA server domain (where they do not currently have accounts, the accounts on the ISA domain are for clients accessing our ftp site) before accessing the primary domain?

If anyone has any suggestions or has seen this same scenario before, please let me know. Thanks.

------------------
John

Post #: 1
RE: VPN Questions (Domain Trust Issues) - 21.Oct.2001 9:07:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi John,

The users won't have to log onto the ISA domain because they are already logged onto the trusted domain.

There should also be no problems with the VPN, because when the VPN users log on with the user domain account, they will be trusted by the ISA Server domain.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to jglancey)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> VPN Questions (Domain Trust Issues) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts