• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

2 providers, 2 external NICs, 2 gateways

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> 2 providers, 2 external NICs, 2 gateways Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 providers, 2 external NICs, 2 gateways - 12.Dec.2001 2:17:00 PM   
tomcafe

Hi,

currently i have a 2,3 Mbit leased line SDSL with static IPs on my external ISA interface. One Web is causing a lot traffic. Now i want to add an additional leased line from a different provider for this high traffic web.

Can I do this simply by adding another network interface with a gateway to the second provider (and publishing the web on that new ip)?
Will the traffic caused by external users on the second line use that 2nd gateway? Or will only the request routed to that 2nd external interface and to the webserver and the answer from the webserver sent through the default gateway on the 1st interface?

Any suggestions?

Tom Cafe

Post #: 1
RE: 2 providers, 2 external NICs, 2 gateways - 12.Dec.2001 5:05:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Tom,

You need two ISA Servers to do this. Only one external interface per ISA Server.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to tomcafe)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> 2 providers, 2 external NICs, 2 gateways Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts