• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Basic ISA Installation Question - Please Help

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> Basic ISA Installation Question - Please Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Basic ISA Installation Question - Please Help - 14.Jul.2004 4:30:00 AM   
Samtech

I am new to this ISA world. So please help me!.

I am at client site ætryingÆ to install ISA server 2004. Now I am testing everything in the lab. Here is the issue. I need to configure an internal ISA server to Outlook users. This ISA server is going to be part of their AD Domain. Network people give me the IP address for Internal and External NICs. Internal IP address is 10.1.10.10/24 and External address is 10.1.10.11/24. It is on the same network!. Can I do that? Then my question is what is the use of this ISA server. I am totally confused. In general, what is the definition of an external and internal network to ISA?

Please help me with this issue. Thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: Basic ISA Installation Question - Please Help - 14.Jul.2004 7:16:00 PM   
Samtech

I installed ISA using the above configuration. I am getting the following configuration error.

"Description: ISA Server detected routes through adapter "External" that do not correlate with the network element to which this adapter belongs. The address ranges in conflict are: 10.0.0.0-10.0.0.9;10.0.0.12-10.255.255.254;. Fix the network element and/or the routing table to make these ranges consistent; they should be in both or in neither. If you recently created a remote site network, check if the event recurs. If it does not, you may safely ignore this message."

I think ISA can only understand the Subnet difference not the IP address. Can anyone can explain to me What is an External and Internal network related to ISA? Is it a seperate Subnet or IP address?

(in reply to Samtech)
Post #: 2
RE: Basic ISA Installation Question - Please Help - 16.Jul.2004 11:13:00 PM   
trebligb

Can you explain more what it is you are trying to accomplish with ISA for the outlook users? You cannot have the same subnet on the internal and external interfaces. The external interface is the "public" network and the internal interface is the "private" network.

(in reply to Samtech)
Post #: 3
RE: Basic ISA Installation Question - Please Help - 21.Jul.2004 5:42:00 PM   
Samtech

I need to publish Exchange servers for MAPI users. I changed the Network configuration. External and Internal NIC are connected to different subnet now. But I am still getting the "Configuration Error" message.

(in reply to Samtech)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> Basic ISA Installation Question - Please Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts