• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Download/Upload Restriction Filter.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Download/Upload Restriction Filter. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Download/Upload Restriction Filter. - 23.Feb.2003 10:11:00 AM   
zzz343

Dear All,

An Russian Programmer have developed a filter for ISA Server which can restric user internet access base on MB/KB.

TrafficFilter - is a server-based filtering solution that provides customizable control of Internet access. It enables management to block or allow workers' access to Internet, based on user bandwidth quota policy.

TrafficFilter assign a Bandwidth Quota on a user basis. Example: user 'John' is allowed to download 500 Meg a month, and after this she is denied access to the Internet.

Key features:
Quota policies based on bandwidth and time per user

Active Directory Support - native or mixed

Real-Time Monitoring allows you to monitor current quotas usage. It can be accessed by a web browser from anywhere in the network. Simply load up Explorer and type in http://traffic.isa. Information about all users allow only to administrators, "user can see only own quota usage information".
Administrator can create custom message for users about exceeded the limit ! Easy installation

This filter can be very usefull for Cyber Cafe's, Cable.Net, Colleges, Corporations, and many others.

HOWOTO USE:
=-=-=-=-=-=
In order to use this filter, All Users must be authenticated via outgoing web proxy listner.

Download Trafic Filter from the following link, Run setup.
http://www.isaserver.com.ru/en/index.html

Now stop/start web proxy service. Goto Start/Programs/Tfilter/tfilter, Here you can set up download/upload limit to specific users/groups.

Please let us know about your experience regarding this web filter.

Thank You,

[ February 25, 2003, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Pinochio ]
Post #: 1
RE: Download/Upload Restriction Filter. - 25.Feb.2003 1:44:00 PM   
jmjarvis

Hey Syed,

Looks great. Just a few things I noticed on installing and configuring it.

1) I can understand that you have to install it on ALL members of an array but its a shame you have to configure them individually.

2) It could do with at least an import/export rule function.

Right off to test it now [Smile]

Keep you posted.

Jas

(in reply to zzz343)
Post #: 2
RE: Download/Upload Restriction Filter. - 2.Apr.2003 4:56:00 PM   
mvdgraaf

hey guys,

traffic filter is a easy to use program to control data limitations on isa users.

But it looks like it doesn't controll data used by Kazaa. That's a bit frustrating!

Does anybody knows a solution for this problem?

(in reply to zzz343)
Post #: 3
RE: Download/Upload Restriction Filter. - 13.Sep.2003 10:58:00 AM   
aghost

TrafficQuota - traffic quota enforcement extension for Microsoft ISA Server.

http://www.trafficquota.com

Overview
------------

TrafficQuota is a quota enforcement extension for Microsoft ISA Server. It enables to block or allow users' access to Internet, based on user/group bandwidth quota policy.

For example: user 'John' is allowed to download 500 MB a month, and after this he is denied access to the Internet. User 'Jane' is assigned a quote of 10 MB per-day; if she goes over 10 MB that day, she is denied further access to the ISA services.

Features
------------

- Quota policies based on bandwidth and time period per user or group.
- Controls the whole traffic (not http/ftp only, but all possible protocols - E-Mail, ICQ, Kazaa, etc.).
- Highly integrated with ISA Management Console.
- All changes are activating immediately, without ISA services restart.
- Real-time traffic monitoring (simply go to the http://traffic.isa).
- The user is being notified when his traffic exceeds a quota.
- Any kind of ISA Server authentication is supported.
- It is possible to break all users' connections immediately when traffic exceeds a quota.
- Active Directory is supported.

How To Use
---------------

After installation finished open an ISA Management Console and go to "Access Policy" | "Traffic Quota". Then select "New" | "Quota..." from the "Traffic Quota" node context menu. Choose user, choose quota and press OK. That's all, the quota will be activated immediately.

(in reply to zzz343)
Post #: 4
RE: Download/Upload Restriction Filter. - 24.Oct.2003 5:22:00 AM   
mkwilliams

I have looked at this one and would like to try it in an education environment. I would need alot more users. Is it available for purchase??? Can we use ad groups etc???

Thanks

Mike

(in reply to zzz343)
Post #: 5
RE: Download/Upload Restriction Filter. - 1.Nov.2003 3:08:00 PM   
aghost

Now we need a beta testers, so we can offer you the special license. Please e-mail info@digirain.com if you are interested.

(in reply to zzz343)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Download/Upload Restriction Filter. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts