• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Reporting Packages

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Reporting Packages Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reporting Packages - 19.Mar.2003 6:27:00 PM   
rklym

Group,

I have recently been evaluating reporting suites for ISA to determine employee web usage. I have tried WebTrends, BTLogAnalyzer, and WebSpy. When analyzing the same log file, I end up with 3 different results when trying to determine the amount of time an employee has spent using the WWW.

Does anyone have any suggestion of how to determine which one is correct or have any general advice?

TIA-

Ryan
Post #: 1
RE: Reporting Packages - 22.Apr.2003 9:21:00 PM   
danahallenbeck

It all depends on their browse time sensitivity. If you take a chunk of browse time and say that any activity within a 3 minute period constitutes the same session...and then take the same chunk of time but use 5 minutes, you will get different totals.
There should be a place to adjust this number in the applications you are using. Everybody has a different idea as to how much idle time constitutes a new session.

Hope this helps.

Dana Hallenbeck

(in reply to rklym)
Post #: 2
RE: Reporting Packages - 10.May2003 2:41:00 AM   
We use Burstek and their time is how long it took to download a page, which is the only true measure that can be made. Anything else is just a guess.

So if someone shows one hour of time, it actually took one hour to retrieve the pages. If you figure it takes about one second to retrieve a page and a person views it for one minute, that one hour of Burstek time translates to about sixty hours of actual viewing time.

But this is still a guess. The only real way to get a good guess is to load the raw log files into Excel, sort on time and date and then evaluate the times individually.

(in reply to rklym)
  Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Reporting Packages Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts