Getting GFI DownloadSecurity to get updates (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons

bountyx -> Getting GFI DownloadSecurity to get updates (19.Dec.2003 8:43:00 PM)

Hi

I have GFI DownloadSecurity 6 installed on my ISA Server but I am unable to get it to download updates sucessfully. I've tried Passive FTP, and HTTP. I don't want to use port FTP because of it's insecurity.

I created packet filters to allow passive FTP traffic and the update test passess ok, but actualy downloads fail.

With HTTP I've tried creating packet filters to allow direct HTTP from the ISA Server without proxy also tried it with proxy and neither work.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Patrizia -> RE: Getting GFI DownloadSecurity to get updates (12.Jan.2004 9:12:00 AM)

Are you able to browse the internet using Internet Explorer on the machine where DowloadSecurity is running? If this fails, DownloadSecurity will fail to download via HTTP.

Do you get any error messages in the moderator client?

srayment -> RE: Getting GFI DownloadSecurity to get updates (11.Feb.2004 2:43:00 PM)

I use it on several servers (intergrated and cache) without too many problems.
It does seem that the ip address for the update servers do change and makes packet filters difficult to get working 100% reliably. I use 212.100.225.180 and this works quite reliably

xlagerwaard -> RE: Getting GFI DownloadSecurity to get updates (11.Feb.2004 3:39:00 PM)

Perhaps this informatio in this document will help you out ?

http://kbase.gfi.com/showarticle.asp?id=KBID001347

Good luck,
Xander

Page: [1]