• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA VPN - users are getting the wrong default gateway

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> ISA VPN - users are getting the wrong default gateway Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA VPN - users are getting the wrong default gateway - 30.May2001 6:38:00 AM   
george

I've been trying to figure out the following: I've setup my ISA server to allow VPN connection and to give clients IP from the DHCP server. Clients can connect but when I check the ip configuration I get the clients IP as it's gateway?! I've setup my DHCP options to set the default gateway or router in W2k to point to my ISA server but it seems to be not working. How do I set a dhcp relay agent? and where do I set this? Do I set this on my ISA server that accepts the VPN connections? or my DHCP server via routing and remote access? Any help would be appreciated.

Post #: 1
RE: ISA VPN - users are getting the wrong default gateway - 30.May2001 4:03:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi George,

IIRC, you can't deliver a default gateway to the VPN clients. However, you can configure the clients to be web proxy clients and they can use the internal IP address of the ISA Server.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here

(in reply to george)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA VPN - users are getting the wrong default gateway - 31.May2001 12:59:00 AM   
Clayton

I was having this same exact problem. I couldn't figure out how to get my vpn clients access to different subnets on my network through my gateway. I added a route to the internal interface by using the 'route add' command from a cmd window and my vpn clients were then able to communicate accross the gateway.

quote:
Originally posted by george:
I've been trying to figure out the following: I've setup my ISA server to allow VPN connection and to give clients IP from the DHCP server. Clients can connect but when I check the ip configuration I get the clients IP as it's gateway?! I've setup my DHCP options to set the default gateway or router in W2k to point to my ISA server but it seems to be not working. How do I set a dhcp relay agent? and where do I set this? Do I set this on my ISA server that accepts the VPN connections? or my DHCP server via routing and remote access? Any help would be appreciated.

(in reply to george)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> ISA VPN - users are getting the wrong default gateway Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts