• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

VPN clients lose netconnection

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> VPN clients lose netconnection Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VPN clients lose netconnection - 22.Nov.2001 8:58:00 AM   
ez

My vpn clients connect via ther own cable modem to our RAS server. Every time the connect they lose internet connection. Kind of normal because it tries to get the page trough the ISA server, but the 'use defoult gateway on the network' is disabled? I want them to vpn on my server but surf on their own cablemodem?

thanks

ez

------------------

Post #: 1
RE: VPN clients lose netconnection - 22.Nov.2001 4:56:00 PM   
Nuddelaug

HI ez

who exactly would you describe connection loss ? are they drooping completly including your Server or just anything else excapt ISA.

Be sure that "use default Gateway" isnŠt set by showing the routing tables. (route print (Wx Hosts)). Are your clients using ISA Firewall Client Software ?

be more detailed please

Greetz Nuddi

(in reply to ez)
Post #: 2
RE: VPN clients lose netconnection - 23.Nov.2001 7:29:00 AM   
ez

Thanks nuddi, I'll explain;
A few collegae (20) want to log on to our RAS server.They all have cable connection with an isp. so they surf as an Proxy client (that ISP). Thy make sure that their wrkgroup is the same as our domain in order to rowse our network. Then they make a PPTP connection to my IP adress log in and work with the files they want. Those PC are all Win98 or Win2k. I ave to make sure t configure as less then possible (so no firewall client or NAT to my server. but during the pptp connection they cannot surf they can browse my network but cannot view a webpage...

thanks
ez

(in reply to ez)
Post #: 3
RE: VPN clients lose netconnection - 23.Nov.2001 3:15:00 PM   
Nuddelaug

HI ez

that looks like they are using your ISA as default Gateway ... -> so they are SecureNAT CLients
be sure that theres is a Protocol Rule allowing HTTP Access for the VPN CLient Set.
(and other things they may need over your ISA Server)

Greetz Nuddi

(in reply to ez)
Post #: 4
RE: VPN clients lose netconnection - 23.Nov.2001 11:30:00 PM   
ez

Hi nuddi,
thats just the point, the 'use default gateway on remote network' is disabled on their pptp connection, I don't want them to surf over my ISA server, they can do that via their primary connection, I want them to use the pptp con. to browse my server, nothing else...

thanks

ez

(in reply to ez)
Post #: 5
RE: VPN clients lose netconnection - 24.Nov.2001 10:44:00 AM   
Nuddelaug

Hi ez ...

but then youŠll have to tell them not to use default Gateway.

ItŠs not possible to reroute them with ISA Server cause ISA doesnŠt know theire Networks and isnŠt localy there.

If you donŠt use default on other Network ,no route will be added with the new Interface (VPN) excapt the Interface himself.
so youŠll have to threat with the adding Routes for VPN Clients from your Server so they can get into your Network.

or if you dont want to use your Server tell them to add static routes for your Network.
(syntax: route add -p x.x.x.x mask x.x.x.x x.x.x.x / where -p is for persitent on Win Cliens)

ItŠs working for my Test VPN Setup to join 2 Domains per VPN and share resources between them and browsing over the primary ISP connection.

Greetz Nuddi

[This message has been edited by Nuddelaug (edited 24 November 2001).]

(in reply to ez)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> VPN clients lose netconnection Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts