• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

cannot browse network

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> cannot browse network Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cannot browse network - 26.Nov.2001 11:08:00 PM   
mgalli

I have setup isa, and vpn is working fine to access mail. But when i browse the network i don't see anything. I'm running 2k pro on my laptop. i don't have a dns server (i think that's my problem). The laptops ip is registering with WINS, the ip of the laptop is 192.168.1.88 sub 255.255.255.255 gateway 192.168.1.88 i was wondering what the problem could be. i can ping servers so i that means im resolving names, i CAN'T connect to a server when i use a unc name. help?
Post #: 1
RE: cannot browse network - 27.Nov.2001 10:41:00 AM   
Nuddelaug

HI mgalli

try to connect to the ServerŠs using the FQDN not the UNC name
net view \\test.blabla.com\c$

if that works than you shold use DNS Server with Domain suffix, or if you donŠt change names or add them frequently add the host to your ..\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
(W9x Windows\hosts maybe not existent)

Prefix for hosts:
127.0.0.1 server1 server1.blabla.com

so your server would be reachable with the named
net view \\server1\c$
and
net view \\server1.blabla.com\c$

Greetz Nuddi

(in reply to mgalli)
Post #: 2
RE: cannot browse network - 27.Nov.2001 1:25:00 PM   
gids_w

If it is possible within your organisation using LMHost file works, include in the file the PRE and DOM commands. My remote users are using W2k pro, from Laptops, and browsing works on machines listin in the LMHost file.

I do agree with Nuddi though, the total solution is within your DNS.

Gids

(in reply to mgalli)
Post #: 3
RE: cannot browse network - 29.Nov.2001 2:29:00 PM   
mgalli

Well, when I got home the other night I setup my desktop (XP Pro) to connect to my work....and it worked just fine, browsing the network, unc names, and mail. Now is it possible it worked because I use the same ISP as my work, same dns, gateway..etc. I cannot see why this would be the reason. The other thought is that it's because of Windows XP.

(in reply to mgalli)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> cannot browse network Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts