• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Securemote

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> Securemote Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Securemote - 4.Apr.2002 11:57:00 AM   
the_ape

Ok, guys,/gals

I use Checkpoint Securemote to VPN into work from my cable setup at home, however I use ISA server on my server that is the gateway onto the internet. My problem is that I cannot seem to get the server (let alone any client pc's) to connect to the vpn connection. I can get the topology from the firewall 1 machine at work, however I cannot get the server to connect. If I stop the isa server services (all) it will connect. I've tried setting a rule up to allow all icmp/udp/tcp connections to the IP address of the Firewall 1 server at work, but no joy. Anybody got any ideas? I know I wont be able to get the client machines on my network to directly comunicate with the server because of the NAT issues with securemote, however I should be able to get the server to connect and route the IP traffic after connection.

Cheers in advance

Ashleigh
Post #: 1
RE: Securemote - 4.Apr.2002 1:19:00 PM   
amzweg

Did you try to login to your Server with the standard VPN client from Windows (2000/XP?) itself.

I did setup a VPN myself, and you do not need to allow access from certain IP numbers.
Just a VPN Client install which configures the correct RRAS items and IP Packet Filters and connecting via the internet from a Windows 2000 Pro PC with the VPN client is no problem.

It might be that ISA does not understand the client you are trying to use!
Or the firewall which you are trying to connect throug does not allow this type of traffic.

(in reply to the_ape)
Post #: 2
RE: Securemote - 5.Apr.2002 11:21:00 AM   
the_ape

Unfortunatly I have no choice, I have to use the Checkpoint Client.... Oh Well....

(in reply to the_ape)
Post #: 3
RE: Securemote - 5.Apr.2002 8:38:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi Ashleigh,

you should be able to pass SecureRemote through ISA. The trick is to use the Checkpoint feature 'UDP encapsulation' for IPSec traffic. Check out http://www.phoneboy.com/faq/0141.html .

However, there seems to be a bug in some versions of the Checkpoint who prevent the correct working through ISA. Check out http://www.isaserver.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=000326 [Big Grin]

Hope this helps,
Stefaan

(in reply to the_ape)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> Securemote Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message