• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA with VPN on the same machine

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> ISA with VPN on the same machine Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA with VPN on the same machine - 18.Sep.2002 1:21:00 AM   
d-zam

I am currently running Routing and Remote Access on the same server as the ISA. When clients connect to the VPN and use the ISA servers IP address in thier proxy server settings in IE the ISA server does not respond to the requests. I have a dialup server that is on a different machine that I use the same setup in IE but the ISA server comes up with a message saying that it rejected the URL. What could be causing this to happen?

Chuck
Post #: 1
RE: ISA with VPN on the same machine - 18.Sep.2002 3:03:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Chuck,

Sounds like you're doing it right. Just configure the VPN clients to use the IP address of the outgoing Web requests listener, and you're set.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to d-zam)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA with VPN on the same machine - 18.Sep.2002 10:27:00 PM   
spyros

I've also got RRAS and ISA on the same box. The L2TP/IPSec VPN clients can access all internal resources just fine, but they cannot browse the Internet by going out the ISA connection. Those clients are SNAT clients, so the browser is not configured in any special way. Also, the external NIC of the ISA server has 2 IP - RRAS is listening on one, and ISA on the other. Do you think that my VPN clients should be able to go out through the ISA connection? If so, what do you suggest doing?

(in reply to d-zam)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA with VPN on the same machine - 20.Sep.2002 10:19:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Spyros,

Check my article on the "mystery of the RAS/Web Proxy client" or something close to that [Big Grin] over at www.isaserver.org/shinder The key is you need to configure the Web Proxy client configuration for the VPN interface on the client.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to d-zam)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> ISA with VPN on the same machine Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts