• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Error 733

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> Error 733 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error 733 - 20.Jan.2003 6:48:00 PM   
carolinaviper

Tom, thanks for the advice on January 8th. I did have the DDNS set on our internal DNS and the MSKB article was a great help. Now we are having another problem. Everytime we try to connect to the VPN, we get a 733 error stating that the connection to the remote computer cannot be complete. We have remove the checkmarks for the multilink connections and we still get this error.

Also, under IP Packet Filters, the Allow PPTP protocol packets (server) and (client) both have protocol 47. Is that correct? I know that I have to set PPTP TCP 1723 but where?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Error 733 - 21.Jan.2003 2:34:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi CV,

You don't need to worry about the packet filters if you let the ISA Server VPN Wizard configure them. Does your ISP allow incoming VPN connections? Are you using DSL?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to carolinaviper)
Post #: 2
RE: Error 733 - 21.Jan.2003 5:07:00 AM   
carolinaviper

Hi Tom,

Thank you again for your quick response. Yes, I did let the wizard configure them as suggested by articles that I have read from this site (awesome site might I add). We have a cable router from the local cable company (Time-Warner/Road Runner).We will call them in the morning to check on allowing incomming VPN connections. Again, thanks.

Post #: 3
RE: Error 733 - 21.Jan.2003 5:48:00 PM   
carolinaviper

Tom,

We called our ISP today and they checked the cable router and there is nothing blocking VPN connections at the router. Our TCP/IP connections are working on the external and internal NIC's. We have been testing with my laptop via dial-up to my ISP then connect to the VPN. My TCP/IP connections are working fine also. We just can't get over the 733 error. We are totally stump on this problem. Any assistance from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

We are using Windows 2000 Server for the ISA and Windows 2000 Professional as the clients, both with SP3 installed. We used the setup, "Allow VPN Client Connections."

Thanks to all.

Post #: 4
RE: Error 733 - 21.Jan.2003 6:44:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi CV,

Some things to check out:

1. Use PPTP only
2. Use a static address pool, not DHCP to assign addresses to the clients
3. Use Win2k VPN clinents, no 9x or XP (while testing)
4. Assign the appropriate DNS/WINS servers based on the settings on the internal interface
5. Make sure the ISA Server created the PPTP filter to allow inbound access
6. Disable fragment filtering (would only affect IPSec, though)

If none of that working, FDISK the server and rebuild

HTH,
Tom

Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> Error 733 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread