• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Gateway to Gateway VPN: ISA to Remote ISA/DC

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> RE: Gateway to Gateway VPN: ISA to Remote ISA/DC Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gateway to Gateway VPN: ISA to Remote ISA/DC - 10.Mar.2004 6:09:00 PM   
romeroj1

Hi im a nebie so bare with me.
I'm trying to connect two domains via gateway to gateway. eah domain has its own dc,dhp and dns.
I ran the vpn wizard in the local isa and in the remote isa and everything went well. Now the remote network is able to connect to the main network but im unable to ping or communicate a t all with the remote office from the main office. Any suggestions...

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 41
RE: Gateway to Gateway VPN: ISA to Remote ISA/DC - 10.Mar.2004 6:45:00 PM   
winoto

Hi,
Chgange the bogus user name with domain account that has vpn access.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 42
RE: Gateway to Gateway VPN: ISA to Remote ISA/DC - 11.Mar.2004 7:44:00 PM   
romeroj1

Hi winoto, thanks for the reply.
In my case the authentication is happenning in the remote isa server. I checked the user prperties and it has the allow vpn dial in. The connection is active but im still no able to ping the remote server or just get to it.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 43
RE: Gateway to Gateway VPN: ISA to Remote ISA/DC - 16.Mar.2004 3:23:00 PM   
Moresi

Dear Mr. Shinder,
thank you for your reply. I apologize but I forget to install the update for the ISA running on Windows 2003 Server. Now everything works.

The VPN was up and running for about a week. After a branch office server restart for maintenance, the VPN (PPTP) now stay up for 59sec and the disconnect. Redial and then after 59 sec disconnect. The event log says disconnection caused by user request. Nothing has been changed...

Someone can help?

Thank you very much.

I apologize for my english :-)

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 44
RE: Gateway to Gateway VPN: ISA to Remote ISA/DC - 20.Mar.2004 3:06:00 PM   
Moresi

Dear All,

I just replaced the PPTP with L2TP and now everything works.

I have found this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;831531

Best Regards
Nicola Moresi

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 45
RE: Gateway to Gateway VPN: ISA to Remote ISA/DC - 3.Nov.2004 6:49:00 PM   
I am getting the same problem as Winoto - when the ISA-ISA VPN is up I cannot browse the Internet from the remote gateway computer. As soon as the VPN is disconnected browsing is OK. While VPN is up I can tracert or ping to Internet addresses, just can't browse with IE stting going through the remote ISA or no settings.
Both local and remote gateways are DC/ISA/DNS. Registry changes have been made as per your suggestions.
Seems like ISA cannot route through the external NIC while also connecting using the VPN.
Any thoughts?

(in reply to tshinder)
  Post #: 46
RE: Gateway to Gateway VPN: ISA to Remote ISA/DC - 31.Mar.2009 6:12:28 AM   
nichol

Hi,

I have folowed these instructions to attempt to connect a remote site running win 2k3 to a main ste also running win 2k3.

The main site is currently running isa 2006 and the remote site will have it installed.

Everything went swimmingly until I ran DCPROMO.

Now I can not get the VPN to reconnect (even though I have changed the user credentials)

Also when i try to log on locally to the remote server I get an error message saying I cannot log on as the domain can not be contacted. The remote server knows about the users tough as when i use an incorrect password it reponds with an incorrect password reply.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nichol

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 47

Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> RE: Gateway to Gateway VPN: ISA to Remote ISA/DC Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts