• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to Secure Wireless Networks article

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to Secure Wireless Networks article Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to S... - 21.Jun.2004 2:30:00 AM   
thanks for the article, its been very enlightening. however im new to ISA administration and my networking is rusty, so im having some trouble addapting your senario to what im trying to acheive.

what im attempting is, in all other respects exactly the same as your example except for the fact that my DSL router insists on being a border router and doing NAT. this leaves me with another segment between the ISP and my ISA server.

what's the best way to deal with this. bareing in mind that I can reconfigure the DSL router?

(in reply to tshinder)
  Post #: 41
RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to S... - 21.Jun.2004 3:26:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Zap,

I don'nt see any problems with having the DSL router in front of the ISA firewall. The wireless clients connect to the Internal network vai a VPN connection and the Internet via the ISA firewall.

So, there's no requirement to change anything on the DSL router.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 42
RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to S... - 10.Sep.2004 7:15:00 PM   
tomwmalone

Tom,

Does your book "ISA Server and Beyond" cover this topic? I am trying to connect a wireless router to a third NIC and allow wireless users easy access to the internet without allowing access to my network.

Tommy Malone

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 43
RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to S... - 30.Dec.2004 10:03:00 PM   
mbouillon

<BUMP>

I have the new book (ISA Server 2004) but have yet to really dig into it. From a quick scan through it, I did not see anything specifically related to configuring a WLAN. There are index references to it, but the index is pointing to other pages within the index that have nothing to do with the topic.

[ December 30, 2004, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: mbouillon ]

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 44
RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to S... - 18.Feb.2005 6:43:00 AM   
rogerroger

I am in need of wireless/isa 2004 wireless configuration as well. Seems there is a serious lack of documentation on the web. I would like to be directed to some instructions on how to set up a wireless segment on a tri-homed ISA 2004 box. Thanks!

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 45
RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to S... - 27.Feb.2005 10:48:00 PM   
felafel

I have Win2K and ISA2000. I have tried the setup that kirill has suggested. Are there other steps I need to take?

I had my wireless router working with ISA before and then due to an IP renumbering my subnet went from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.98.x and that's when it stopped working. I made the changes in the places listed by kirill however it still won't let me VPN in. I can do VPN over the internet just not using the wireless router. I have a tri-homed machine with NICs for internal, external, and wireless. I can also access the router through my wired network.

Thanks in advance.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 46
RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to S... - 4.Mar.2005 4:08:00 AM   
radman57

On the topic of Trihomed wireless setup, Can this work on a private network DMZ running SBS 2003 (where ALL the servers - ISA 2000, Exchange, Windows Standard 2003, Windows Sharepoint, and SQL 2000 are running in the same physical box)?

adding a third NIC to the SBS 2003 server and plug the wireless router (Netgear FWAG114 - can be used as a bridge or AP) into the new NIC. DHCP still performed by SBS2003 box?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 47
RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to S... - 25.Oct.2005 11:43:00 AM   
djhuang

Hello,
Although this thread has been initiated quite long time ago, the content is still very useful.
I am considering implementing the WLAN solution mentioned above into my environment but have a concern. I already have production network facilities all over the building and don't have extra space or budget to place more switches/hubs just for hosting WAPs on another IP segment and connect WAPs back to the DMZ interface on my ISA 2004 server which is located in the computer room. Is there a way to use current network appliances to connect those WAPs back to my computer room?
I've thought about VLAN, am I on the right track?

Thank you for your reading.

djhuang

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 48
RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to S... - 14.Dec.2005 12:14:50 PM   
Tom Decaluwe

Hi all,

I found this link on the top of this page http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/columns/security/askus/AUAS0303.asp referring to a paper from Steve Riley but it seems the link is out.

Does anyone know what the paper was called or where i can get it?

many thanks,

Tom Decaluwe

Tom Decaluwé
MCSE 2000/2003 - CCNA
http://www.it-talks.be

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 49
RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to S... - 10.Feb.2006 3:14:00 PM   
PCC

quote:

ORIGINAL: tshinder

Hi Michael,

You bet!

I'll put this on my list for the next article. Its a great topic and a config I've already implemented in a number of locations.

Thanks!
Tom

Hi Dr. Tom,

Any chance you will still write this article?  I'm currently setting up a  Multihomed ISA 2004 firewall and would like to include a WAP in my anonymous DMZ.  I think I've got my setup where it needs to be but would really like to compare my setup with your article.

Thanks,
Pete

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 50
RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to S... - 21.Feb.2006 9:06:39 PM   
PCC

Bump

(in reply to PCC)
Post #: 51
RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to S... - 27.Jul.2008 1:59:30 AM   
bigbadrobbo

Hi Tom,

I've just read through this thread, and wondered if you ever posted parts 2 & 3. I'm wanting to do exactly as you suggest.

If not, are there any links to other sites that give advice on doing such a thing?

Great articles by the way. I love your work!

Steve.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 52
RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to S... - 26.Jan.2011 7:00:27 AM   
MrMatt

Hi Tom,,

I hope you can help, i am looking for your Part 2 & 3 of article

Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to Secure Wireless Networks

I have read
Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to
Part 1 – DMZ, VPN, WLAN and Access Control Design Principles

my network design is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?a2vam1dhjc106bc

I am unable to allow VPN clients from DMZ (outbound) to my internal network, when i do the site to site VPN is brought down, the VPN client connects but obvsioulsy this is wrong as this impacts the site to site VPN, I am beginging to think that VPN clients cannot connect to internal networks from DMZ interface as it is very frustrating to try and solve this issue.

I asked Paulo to help and his advice was helpful and patient! but only got me this far.

thread here: http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002105807/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#2002106218

I was hoping part 2 and 3 would shed some light on this problem for me.

Can you help?

Many thanks
Matt

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 53

Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> RE: Discussion for Using a Trihomed ISA/VPN Server to Secure Wireless Networks article Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts