• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Client VPN with LT2P/IPsec

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> Client VPN with LT2P/IPsec Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Client VPN with LT2P/IPsec - 10.Jun.2003 1:52:00 PM   
Tom Chadwick

Now that, thanks to Tom, we have a site-site VPN using L2TP/IPsec my next task to get Client VPNs working.

Most remote users have PPTP connections with strong passwords and I'm happy with that, mainly as they typically connect for an hour or less. However we have a number of remote users who use a VPN daily and often for 8-10 hours at a time. I would like these users to have Client certificates and use LT2P/IPsec.

Attempts so far have failed. The ISA server has a Server certficate from a CA and I have used the same CA to obtain Client certficates for Win2k clients.

The ISA Server log/event viewer shows that the IKE failure point is Peer, Reason: IKE failed to find valid machine certificate.

The certficates are standard 512K, no strong encryption, exportable and using machine store.

Any thoughts/help greatfully accepted.

Regards.
Post #: 1
RE: Client VPN with LT2P/IPsec - 10.Jun.2003 9:56:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi NBY,

Is the Certificate Server's self-signed certificate included in the Trusted Root Certificatation Authorities store?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to Tom Chadwick)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> Client VPN with LT2P/IPsec Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts