reserving ip address for vpn (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN

cgifford -> reserving ip address for vpn (28.Oct.2004 5:10:00 PM)

Is there a way to reserve an ip address when a user vpn's from home to make things faster for that user. Using isa 2000

spouseele -> RE: reserving ip address for vpn (28.Oct.2004 9:00:00 PM)

Hi cgifford,

what do you mean excatly with 'reserve an ip address'?

RRAS will assign an IP address to the VPN client either from a pool defined on ISA or from an internal DHCP server. In the latter case, RRAS grabs IP addresses from the DHCP server in blocks of 10 IP addresses. So, I don't understand your question.

HTH,
Stefaan

cgifford -> RE: reserving ip address for vpn (28.Oct.2004 9:41:00 PM)

What he is looking for is a static ip address that stays the same each time he logs in using vpn from home.

spouseele -> RE: reserving ip address for vpn (28.Oct.2004 9:47:00 PM)

Hi cgifford,

OK, but how can that make things faster for that user?

HTH,
Stefaan

cgifford -> RE: reserving ip address for vpn (28.Oct.2004 10:28:00 PM)

If he has the same ip address each time he does not have to search for the number when he is trying to work and needs to know what the ip address is. He may be putting the number in to his host file I am not sure. [Confused]

Taz69 -> RE: reserving ip address for vpn (29.Oct.2004 2:20:00 AM)

You can assign a static IP by going to the properties of the user in AD Users & computers and selecting the Dial in tab to assign it.

cgifford -> RE: reserving ip address for vpn (3.Nov.2004 6:13:00 PM)

This option under AD, dian-in in grayed out. Is there another way to accomplish the same thing under the ISA server? I thoughtI saw something about reserved or reserving ip addresses?

cgifford -> RE: reserving ip address for vpn (9.Nov.2004 6:19:00 PM)

Can someone please answer my last question!

crosee -> RE: reserving ip address for vpn (11.Nov.2004 4:05:00 AM)

To enter a static IP for VPN client, you need to have your domain running in "NATIVE mode" and not "MIXED mode". Once this has been done you will be able to assign a static IP address to the logon account.

Page: [1]