• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Draytek Router to SBS2k server VPN

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> Draytek Router to SBS2k server VPN Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Draytek Router to SBS2k server VPN - 21.Mar.2005 5:25:00 PM   
antcat

I am trying to setup a site to site VPN from an ADSL Draytek 2600 router (Remote site with Static Public IP Address, DHCP server for remote LAN) to our SBS2K server (Head Office with different Static Public IP Address).

I have run the Local ISA VPN Server Wizard on the SBS and have set it up that the SBS can both initiate a connection to the remote Draytek router as well as act as a server from the router. I have setup a LAN to LAN profile on the Draytek router to only Dial-Out at the moment with no timeout. The username for connecting to the VPN Demand Dial Interface is the user that the SBS VPN wizard created but I had to reset the password for the username within Active Directory. The Demand-Dial interface on the SBS is set to a persistent connection.

The LAN IP address of the router is different to the SBS.

When I try and ęDialĘ the VPN link to the SBS I keep on getting the following 2 system event errors in the SBS system log and am not sure why ?

Source: Remote Access
Event Id: 20050
Description:
The user OURDOMAINNAME\username connected to port VPN3-3 has been disconnected because no network protocols were successfully negotiated.

Event Id: 20049
Description:
The user connected to port VPN3-3 has been disconnected because the authentication process did not complete within the required amount of time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Antony
Post #: 1
RE: Draytek Router to SBS2k server VPN - 26.Apr.2005 4:33:00 AM   
I am getting the same error message. Did you ever figure it out?
chris at detroit-techie dot com

(in reply to antcat)
  Post #: 2
RE: Draytek Router to SBS2k server VPN - 26.Apr.2005 10:30:00 AM   
antcat

Well yes and no. I eventually removed the demand dial interface and made the username only 8 characters and setup the VPN, so essentially the remote router was a "teleworker" coming into the server. We also assigned a static IP address to the username that the router uses to access the SBS server and applied static routes for the remote LAN to the same user.

It seems to have worked but I am now finding that our router at the main office keeps dropping our ADSL line almost everyday but when I re-boot the router the ADSL line is active again. I suspect the always on VPN from the remote site is causing this to happen but have not got a clue why ?

Regards
Antony

(in reply to antcat)
Post #: 3
RE: Draytek Router to SBS2k server VPN - 3.Jun.2005 11:04:00 AM   
Me too I'm having the same problem. Wish someone could figure this out.. been driving me crazy for days. Any suggestions would be great.

Jvanosch@nofrigginclue.com [Smile]

(in reply to antcat)
  Post #: 4
RE: Draytek Router to SBS2k server VPN - 22.Jun.2006 10:48:03 PM   
Owl

Hi Everyone

I know that someone out there must have a solution to this problem...

Please for my own sanity can anyone advise if they ever solved this issue

Event Id: 20050
Description:
The user OURDOMAINNAME\username connected to port VPN3-3 has been disconnected because no network protocols were successfully negotiated.

Any guidance or information would be great.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 5
RE: Draytek Router to SBS2k server VPN - 9.Mar.2010 8:32:20 AM   
intersimi

I am having this issue and can't for the life of me figure it out.

I am using ISA 2006

(in reply to Owl)
Post #: 6
RE: Draytek Router to SBS2k server VPN - 3.Nov.2012 10:23:10 AM   
oli.hall

Soution to this problem:

In Your DrayTec router go to:
VPN and Remote Access>>LAN to LAN>>Profile Name: TCP/IP Network Settings, Remote Gateway IP.

Draytek state this should be set to 0.0.0.0 as it is configured automatically when connecting to another Draytek router.

What they forget to say is when connecting to an ISA/TMG server, you must set this manually to your Draytek router IP and not 0.0.0.0.

This solved the problem for me on a PPTP VPN from Draytek 2830n to TMG2010.

You must remember that in ISA, the name of Your VPN Network must be the same
as the username used in PPTP.

Draytek also have a username length limitation of 49 chr and password of 15 chr for Dial Out VPN. For Dial In VPN, username and password is max 11 chr. See:
http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportFAQDetail.php?ID=183

solution courtesy of Dariusz Kozicki

(in reply to intersimi)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> VPN >> Draytek Router to SBS2k server VPN Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts