• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA Server Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA S... - 15.Jul.2001 7:44:00 AM   
Yes, you need to make sure that you have TCP port 7002 Outgoing set up. This process is listed on my web page http://www.pirnie.org/isaserver/app-ports.shtml . Just look up HalfLife and follow those directions to get it to work.

Now to get a server to work, I would think that you would just have to allow 27015 UDP ReceiveSend on the Server Publishing Rules. I haven't tried this myself so it may not work.

If anyone has got any HalfLife server (CounterStrike, TFC, DayOfDefeat) to work behind ISA Server please let me know what you had to do to get it to work. I'll add that info to my web page for other people to use in the future.

------------------
-Allistah

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 21
RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA S... - 15.Jul.2001 7:46:00 AM   
Hm, now that I think about it I might move the TCP 7002 Outbound to a primary connection. Sounds like thats whats working better for people however it worked as a secondary as a have on my web page. Hrm..

------------------
-Allistah

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 22
RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA S... - 16.Jul.2001 10:42:00 PM   
Hi:
With regard to game problem, i am curious to know if the problem i am facing with regard to playing games off yahoo.com site can be solved similarly. My clients can go to the site and browse and also able to use yahoo instant messenger but fails to connect to the server (yahoo)while trying to play game -say spade.

I have a ISA 200 server with policies to let most protocols and filters through.

Any input will be appreciated.

thanks

moe

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 23
RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA S... - 17.Jul.2001 7:12:00 AM   
Well, the Yahoo games are using some wierd port numbers. Unless you are versed with Netmon and figuring out what ports are being used, you're going to end up with two choices:

Make a rule that allows ALL ports open going out. Turn it on when you wanna play and turn it off when yer done. A pain yes, it will work.

The other is to look on Yahoo's support pages and see if you can find out what ports they use. If you fine that info, add those as protocol definitions, then as a rule.

------------------
-Allistah

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 24
RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA S... - 26.Sep.2001 8:02:00 PM   
ISA Server needs to open port 11999. You will need TCP inbound and outbound access for this port. The games hosts are currently yog1.yahoo.com, yog2.yahoo.com, ... up to yog33.yahoo.com. You will need to do a nslookup on these hosts to find out the IP addresses.

Regards

Alejandro

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 25
RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA S... - 11.Oct.2001 9:30:00 PM   
Does somebody here have a config for Gamespy Arcade and operation Flashpoint? I can't get this configured.

Thx

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 26
RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA S... - 2.Nov.2001 8:18:00 PM   
sfaryu

Does anyone know what ports to open to play Yahoo games on the net.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 27
RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA S... - 5.Nov.2001 3:44:00 PM   
Cyber_Max

quote:
Originally posted by Azazel:
Does somebody here have a config for Gamespy Arcade and operation Flashpoint? I can't get this configured.

Thx

I would like to know if this works.. I've created an "all ip" open filter, and trying to use the firewall client config to get this working.. something strange tho : In taskmanager the game comes up as OPERATIONFLASHPOINT, but in the ISA logs, it is logged as OPERATIONFLASHP .. Is there a limitation in the .exe name for firewall client, or is it a limitation in the ISA logs? (If so should i try to configure firewall client to use OPERATIONFLASHP as the application?)

CyberMax

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 28
RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA S... - 5.Nov.2001 5:22:00 PM   
JaimeP

Hm.. I don't know which would be the limitation. You might want to try renaming the .exe file to a smaller name like flash.exe and see if that works for you. Just a suggestion.

------------------
-JaimeP
ISA Server Game/Apps Port List

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 29
RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA S... - 5.Nov.2001 8:24:00 PM   
Cyber_Max

Regarding : Operation Flashpoint
I have created a protocol rule that allows ALL ip traffic from my internal clients, and set up the firewall client following the description of "DirectPlay". I know that opf connects on port 2234. When i connect to the server, i get connected, but when i try to join, it times out. I check my isalogs, and find out that an inbound connection from the servers UDP port 2234 to me on port 31546(random portnumber) is blocked. How can i configure the firewall client to allow outging 2234 TCP/UDP, and then accept incoming connections FROM port 2234 UDP to "random" UDP port??

Hmm.. this firewall thingy is totally pussling to me..

I've done some "testing". I have an ftp client named cuteftp. (taskmanager reports this as being ftpte ). When i connect in "passv" mode, i can se it actually transmits the "PORT" command using my EXTERNAL ip! Yes.. it works.. BUT.. then i thought i could use the firewall client to fuck it up.. just to se if the fw client actually works..
But no! No matter what i put in the firewall application settings.. (NameResolutionForLocalHost=L)... in theory it then should resolve my LOCAL ip to 192.168.x.x right? Even put in "ProxyBindIP=192.155.122.111".. but that had no meaning at all..

I give up Someone give me some tips on how to find out what ports to bind.. how++

CyberMax

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 30
RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA S... - 6.Nov.2001 2:26:00 AM   
Jez

Hey,
Regarding the first bit (how do i get an outbound connection on 2234, then allow random incomming), you could create a protocol rule allowing this. Set initial outbound connnection for 2234, then secondary inbound for 1024-65534 etc.

This is different than just allowing all IP traffic as a protocol rule (not sure why, but I have to setup rules seperatly if they require secondary connections).

------------------
Regards,
Jez
email: jez@ateallthepies.com
www: www.ateallthepies.com

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 31
RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA S... - 6.Nov.2001 9:25:00 AM   
Cyber_Max

quote:
Originally posted by Jez:
Hey,
Regarding the first bit (how do i get an outbound connection on 2234, then allow random incomming), you could create a protocol rule allowing this. Set initial outbound connnection for 2234, then secondary inbound for 1024-65534 etc.

This is different than just allowing all IP traffic as a protocol rule (not sure why, but I have to setup rules seperatly if they require secondary connections).

Is this really necessary? I thought that the Firewall Client actually could handle this? I don't care about "blocking" services from my clients, so the easyest would be to allow all.
Surely it should not be necessary to make protocol rules + firewall client rules? I thought the protocol rules was more of "controling services" type of thing, and letting services out if you did not have an Firewall Client? (Like if you have a Linux box or similar behind the isa server, would make this a sNat client, and thus having to provide protocol rules)

CyberMax

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 32
RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA S... - 6.Nov.2001 3:40:00 PM   
Jez

As I say, if you allow "All IP Traffic" as a protocol rule, then I would take that as "all inbound" and "all outbound" traffic is allowed. As you are using the firewall client it doesnt matter what protocol definitions youve got defined (as opposed to SNAT clients as you say). However, if i just have "All IP traffic" enabled I get blocked inbound connections...dont ask me why, I dont know. But if I create a protocol def. for outbound port xxxx and inbound secondary 1024-64434 etc, it stoppes blocking the inbound connection.

Maybe im just misunderstanding how the client works or how protocol rules work...

------------------
Regards,
Jez
email: jez@ateallthepies.com
www: www.ateallthepies.com

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 33

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> RE: This is how to get DirectPlay to work through ISA Server Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts