• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mechwarrior 4 does any one do this game online via ISAS ?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Mechwarrior 4 does any one do this game online via ISAS ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mechwarrior 4 does any one do this game online via ISAS ? - 28.Nov.2001 8:40:00 PM   
vite

Hi All

I finally bought the full version of Mech4, I have followed all the instructions for both directx7 an directx8 and it will not launch online for me.

a, I can get the server listing from in-game

b, In setting up the connection type, I select LAN, an DSL( Is this correct for ISAS, we have ADSL)

c, I select use zone listing for servers as I don't know any server IP's(Problem here ?)

d, It attempts to join the game, but I get a message, "cannot join server, either due to network problems or the server may be gone"

e, I tried to use the zone, an when the host launches, the game boots up, then collapses and completely exits the game

I would be grate full for any help as I am totaly lost here

Cheers All

Vite

Post #: 1
RE: Mechwarrior 4 does any one do this game online via ... - 1.Dec.2001 3:48:00 PM   
vite

Hi All

Does Mechw4 use dirextplay from DX7 or DX8

I am asking because the game demands DX8 to be installed

Cheers

Vite

(in reply to vite)
Post #: 2
RE: Mechwarrior 4 does any one do this game online via ... - 2.Dec.2001 5:53:00 PM   
Cyber_Max

This game is like many others DirectPlay (Probably DX8).. and won't run behind ISA server.

The disgussions around this is ENDLESS.. and nobody have an answer. I've tried a lot, but i gave up

Does anyone know of some "insider" guru from MS that actually know anything about this? Anywhere you ask MS, you get the links to the default "directplay" pages, wich does NOT work.

I think this may be something that is possible to set up on the firewall client, but i've testet everything i think it is.. and a little bit more, but it does not work.

I am trying this with Operation FlashPoint, and can connect to the server (lists what games are being played), but the moment i try to connect, it just times out. I do not get any "denied" connections in the logs.. it just does not seem like it is able to connect at all..

I've said this before : Maybe the DX8 DirectPlay is started as a separate process (even though you are not able to list it in the process list), and it is this process that is trying to connect to the server.. but then the Firewall client is set up all wrong, and the Dplay just times out? It's the only "believable" thing i can think of.. Anyone share my thoughts about this?

CyberMax

(in reply to vite)
Post #: 3
RE: Mechwarrior 4 does any one do this game online via ... - 4.Dec.2001 11:58:00 PM   
JaimeP

I just posted a message that tells you how to get Mech4 working. I tested it with the ZoneMatch stuff and I tested it joining the server via direct IP. ZoneMatch is the best easyest way to get online I think..

------------------
-JaimeP
ISA Server Game/Apps Port List

(in reply to vite)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Mechwarrior 4 does any one do this game online via ISAS ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts