• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 30.May2002 5:38:00 AM   
a_jermo

Hi folks, let me know if you have any issue's with this procedure, I'll edit/adjust as necessary, it should work fine, the only issue I'm aware of is using dualclient or softwares that require two ac sessions on the same system.

Action: Playing Asherons Call Dark Majesty behind Microsoft ISA Server
Result: Unable to connect to server or character "lags"
Cause: ISA Server not configured to support required ports or persistant connections for those ports.
Resolution: On the ISA Server, 1. configure the HTTP redirect filter to forward all requests to the requested web server, 2. configure the firewall client software to support MSN Zone connection specific to AC, and 3. configure the firewall client software to support persistant connections on the ports required by AC.

1. Open the ISA management console, Servers and arrays\<SERVERNAME>\Extensions\Application Filters\HTTP Redirector Filter, right click properties, click the options Tab, select the radio button next to the option "Send to Requested Web Server", then click ok,

2. Open the ISA management console, Servers and arrays\<SERVERNAME>\Client Configuration, in the component window right click Firewall Client, then select properties, Select Application Settings,
Repeat the following steps for each entry listed:
click NEW, enter the information after the "=" then click ok.

Application=zclient
Key=killoldsession
Value=1

Application=zclient
Key=remotebindtcpports
Value=6667,28800-29100

Application=zone
Key=killoldsession
Value=1

Application=zone
Key=remotebindtcpports
Value=6667,28800-29100

Application=client
Key=killoldsession
Value=1

Application=client
Key=remotebindudpports
Value=9000-9015

Application=client
Key=persistent
Value=1

after the cient settings have been entered:
On a client with the Firewall client software installed double click the firewall client icon in the lower right corner, then click the button labeled Update, Respond OK to "Refresh operation completed successfully", Start Asheron's call from the Start menu, Start/Programs/Microsoft Games/Asheron's Call/Asheron's Call, From the Asheron's Call console select the button labeled Settings, Under "Select teh connection port to use, Select the "I want to specify my port" radio button, Enter Port 9000, then Select Ok, back on the AC console Click Play and proceed into the game normally, ie log onto the zone, select a world..etc

[ May 30, 2002, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Jerry Moore ]
Post #: 1
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 23.Jun.2002 7:37:00 PM   
npicchi

Hi,

First of all i want to thank you for this post, i'm sure it will help many of us.
I have configured the fwc as u wrote in the post, but no luck here, it doesn't work :/
I have also tried to set some protocol definitions and rules, but nothing work.

I really don't understand what could prevent te client to connect to zone...

(in reply to a_jermo)
Post #: 2
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 23.Jun.2002 7:57:00 PM   
a_jermo

Hi,
closly review the article to ensure you've created the objects in the correct place with the correct settings, remove/delete any other settings (especially packet filters, if you just "disable" them they will block the traffic), restart the ISA Server Control service after configuring ISA, ensure you refresh the firewall client otherwise it wont' get the updated settings.
The top three reasons this doesn't work are 1. not restarting the services/server, 2. not updating the client, and 3. having disabled packet filters for the ports we need.

(in reply to a_jermo)
Post #: 3
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 23.Jun.2002 8:25:00 PM   
npicchi

Thank u for your answer.
I have reviwed all the settings in the fwc application tab, nothing wrong.
I haven't created any packet filters (the only existing are the standard which are intalled during the setup of ISA), only protocols def and rule for zone. I also deleted it to see if they interfered during the connexion but it still doesn't work.

I keep on looking for a turn around.

Thank you.

Nicolas

[ June 23, 2002, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Nicolas ]

(in reply to a_jermo)
Post #: 4
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 23.Jun.2002 8:52:00 PM   
a_jermo

Hi,
are you running this on a client machine or the server where isa is installed?
can you tell me the steps you are following and what indications you get each time...it sounds like it might be the zone or zclient giving us issue's but I'm guessing..if it's at the last step where you click on "play" then are you specifying a port in ac?..
Jer

(in reply to a_jermo)
Post #: 5
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 23.Jun.2002 9:14:00 PM   
npicchi

Hi Jerry,

I'm running AC on a client, not on the ISA server. I have done all the steps that you described in your How To. The FWC is installed on the client, and i've checked the conf file just to see if everything is correct. No pb in it, all the settings done in the ISA console are there.
Now the AC part :
The AC port is configured to 9000. I first lunch AC by double clicking on the desktop icon. I sign in at the ac servers page (which works fine). After signing in, zone friends apears and try to log in...whithout any success.
It still say "Logging in......".
When i try to click on a server to make the play window apears, it says "connection to zone server", and don't go further.

Thank you for your help

Nicolas

PS: on which ac server are you playing? [Smile]

Edit: Sorry about the typo, i'm not as good as i whish in english [Wink]

Edit 2: in the zone port faq, they mantioned the ports 443 and 80, why?

[ June 23, 2002, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Nicolas ]

(in reply to a_jermo)
Post #: 6
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 24.Jun.2002 8:53:00 PM   
do you have the browser configured to use the proxy? it's required. let me know..I'm on frostfell..we might need to tweak it for other servers but my son play's other server without any issues.. let me know on the browser..my config requires the browser to use the proxy.
Jerry

(in reply to a_jermo)
  Post #: 7
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 24.Jun.2002 8:57:00 PM   
npicchi

Hi Jerry,

Yep, my browser is configured to use the ISA proxy.

Regards

Nicolas

(in reply to a_jermo)
Post #: 8
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 25.Jun.2002 5:25:00 PM   
sounds like we're not hitting the server at all (the game room), when you try to start AC are you using the AC icon or a more direct method? try using the AC icon and just following it that way, and try just Frostfell, if frostfell works then try the world you typically play on, I may need to tweek the settings a bit, also if you don't normally start using the AC icon let me know the exact steps you follow so I can adjust the settings to account for that. I'd love to have a one setting fits all config.
Jerry

(in reply to a_jermo)
  Post #: 9
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 22.Jul.2002 12:31:00 AM   
CT

Greetings. Hopefully this thread is still watched. I recently installed ISA. And I'm unable to get AC to filter through.

It's stopping at the point where it loads the game zone lobby. I followed the steps above and still nothing. I was wondering if I have to make additional protocal or add rule? Also does a allow-all rule actually work.

(in reply to a_jermo)
Post #: 10
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 22.Jul.2002 3:58:00 AM   
Hi SG,
yes..I get email notices that there's activity. Have you followed the steps that I've listed? have you specified inside AC to use port 9001? are you running this on a client machine or the server? (the steps are for a client machine), of note is that the names when setting up the firewall client ..etc are exacly as I've typed them, no deviations. let me know, Scott had issue's also but I've not heard back so I guess he re-followed the steps as I asked in email and it worked?
anyway...let me know if you have followed the steps.
jerry

(in reply to a_jermo)
  Post #: 11
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 23.Jul.2002 6:27:00 AM   
CT

Oops.. i thought it said 9000 above. anyways i changed it to 9001 and now it works! whoot.. thank you. Now to see if I can get 2 computers playing AC behind ISA [Smile]

(in reply to a_jermo)
Post #: 12
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 23.Jul.2002 7:27:00 AM   
Hi,
It should work on 9000, not sure why ..but sometimes it doesn't unless you put it on 9001, have fun! [Smile] (note: you may need to specify different ports for each client..ie..9001, 9002...etc..) Good Hunting and Safe Travels! [Smile]

(in reply to a_jermo)
  Post #: 13
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 23.Jul.2002 6:51:00 PM   
CT

other than just setting the AC client, do i have to add anything to ISA to make it work.

here's the weird thing.

it's working on port 9001 on one computer, but not another. even if computer #1 is shut down, and computer #2 is set to 9001 still does not work.

any ideas?

(in reply to a_jermo)
Post #: 14
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 23.Jul.2002 7:48:00 PM   
update the firewall client....that should do it.

(in reply to a_jermo)
  Post #: 15
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 18.Sep.2002 4:40:00 PM   
Kewllover

I have followed every step in here to a tee and when I get to the connection to the zone applet it stops and nothing happens, can you assist me in getting connected? Please.

(in reply to a_jermo)
Post #: 16
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 19.Sep.2002 1:54:00 PM   
try changing the game port to 9001, it shouldn't have anything to do with the zone but the software seems to pick it's ports based on the game config, also ensure your browser is configured to use a proxy server on port 8080 and has the name of your server entered...
Jer

(in reply to a_jermo)
  Post #: 17
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 12.May2003 4:23:00 PM   
cmuller

do these seeting work for the new release?

(in reply to a_jermo)
Post #: 18
RE: HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty - 12.May2003 5:11:00 PM   
They do. I was in beta and it worked without any changes....

let me know if you have any issue's....
jer

(in reply to a_jermo)
  Post #: 19

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> HOWTO: Asheron's Call Dark Majesty Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts