• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Neverwinter Nights Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Neverwinter Nights Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Neverwinter Nights Server - 22.Jun.2002 11:45:00 PM   
chrislouth

I need to get a Neverwinter Nights server running on my LAN that can be published via GameSpy to the internet. Judging from my packet filter logs, the publishing is working (many blocked requests to connect).

Of course, I don't want the requests to be blocked at all.

The server supposedly uses UDP, with 5120-5129 local and 5120-5300 remote from the perspective of the server. But I can't make it work.

Does anyone here have a clue of how to set it up?
Post #: 1
RE: Neverwinter Nights Server - 29.Jun.2002 5:43:00 AM   
Terenius

I haven't worked on hosting a server yet, but I'm having some trouble with multi-player. I enabled all ports in ISA as a test and can get into the Gamespy lobby through the interface, but the server refresh is painstakingly slow. It takes almost 5 minutes before I can do anything with the interface.

Does anyone else experience this problem? I have a feeling that its related to the program trying to ping all the servers.

(in reply to chrislouth)
Post #: 2
RE: Neverwinter Nights Server - 12.Jul.2002 10:53:00 PM   
ijohnson

just fyi:

On a computer with no ISA Server or Firewall with a direct Cable Modem Internet connection, it took over 5 minutes to get the list of servers, and about 15 minutes to get the full list of servers.

(in reply to chrislouth)
Post #: 3
RE: Neverwinter Nights Server - 19.Jul.2002 8:50:00 PM   
JBMoney

If anyone gets this to work, I'de be very interested in knowing how.

I have a client machine, behind the ISA server, that I'd like to set up as an NWN server.

(in reply to chrislouth)
Post #: 4
RE: Neverwinter Nights Server - 27.Jul.2002 9:05:00 PM   
JBMoney

I think I've tried everything on this, studied what's been doen with other games, etc. and still no luck.

(in reply to chrislouth)
Post #: 5
RE: Neverwinter Nights Server - 13.Aug.2002 4:41:00 AM   
Justen

If you know the IP address of the server to connect to (I know this isn't the topic) use this command line: nwmain.exe +connect <address> +password <pw> And I only had to open 5121 UDP Send to connect to a server. Whether I already have other ports helping I did not check but none real close to 5121.

(in reply to chrislouth)
Post #: 6
RE: Neverwinter Nights Server - 18.Mar.2003 9:13:00 PM   
andoi

I have just followed the post on setting up NWN and have the server running but cannot connect using the Game spy ... you have to use the internal IP from within... common sense realy

just need someone to try it out

ANDOI

(in reply to chrislouth)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Neverwinter Nights Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts