• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problems playing on BattleNET Behind a ISA Server Firewall

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Problems playing on BattleNET Behind a ISA Server Firewall Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems playing on BattleNET Behind a ISA Server Firewall - 7.Jul.2002 4:20:00 AM   
I am having problems setting up ISA Server to allow my local clients access to Battle Net. I have read lots of thing on ISA server, and still i can't get it to work properly.

I know Battle Net needs the following ports:
4000 UDP
4000 TCP
6112 up to 6119 UDP
6112 up to 6119 TCP
and 6111 i believe.

My clients are setup as Secure NAT (or so I think), they do not have the firewall client software installed.
I created "protocol Definitions" for the above ports, then created a "protocol Rule" with those definitions. From what IÆve read the clients should now be able to access those ports and connect to battle net, but they can't.

I'm a little confused if they need to be opened for both in and outbound requests or just outbound?

Also if you add ranges in the "secondary connections" section in the "protocol definition" does that mean that those ports are opened as well. 'cause when you create a "protocol definition" it does not let you specify a range, just a port.

The only way i can get clients to connect is if i setup the "Firewall Client" software on the clients and add a "IP Packet Filter" for the battle net ports. I donÆt want to have to do it this way, I want my clients to be Secure Nat clients. I have some Linux boxes on the network as well so thatÆs the only solution for them.

Any help to any of these issues would be just great!
Thanks
Trevor May
  Post #: 1
RE: Problems playing on BattleNET Behind a ISA Server F... - 9.Jul.2002 3:44:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Trevor,

I'm moving this to the games section.

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems playing on BattleNET Behind a ISA Server F... - 9.Jul.2002 3:04:00 PM   
srayner

Hi Canada
Hows your dns setup?

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems playing on BattleNET Behind a ISA Server F... - 11.Jul.2002 2:24:00 PM   
Kaj Drost

Hi,

If you look a couple of post below this one you can see another post about how to make D2 work.
It didn't work for me at first, but in this post it very clearly states how and what rules to make etc and D2 now runs like a charm.
Hope this helps.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Problems playing on BattleNET Behind a ISA Server Firewall Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts