• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RTCW Server, the Answer.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> RTCW Server, the Answer. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RTCW Server, the Answer. - 19.Jul.2002 8:01:00 PM   
Kaj Drost

Hi all,

Guess nobody doen this on this forum, but I did soem digging and typing and configuring and tralala it works now.
Here is how:
For gaming through your Proxy you make a protocol definition taking UDP port 27960 as the starting port with Send/Receive, as secondary connection you put 27960 in as receive/send and send/receive.
With this done you make a protocol rule which uses the hereabove created definiton. Put it on allow, any request and always and you will be able to game.
Now for setting up a server:
You make a Protocol Definiton which uses UDP with receive send.
With this definition you make a protocol rule which allows any request always.
Now you make a server publishing rule in which you fill in your external IP address and your internal IP addres and the mapped protocol should be the above. This will map all incomming requests from your external NIC. to your internal NIC.
You can now run your RTCW server on your internal interface which this way will still be easy accessible to your LAN RTCW clients.
So in your wolf server config or wolfrunner you should set the IP address to your internal IP address.
This is it and with this config it will wotk fine. The only thing you shoudl bear in mind is your connection type when setting up your server: Your upstream speed should be good, no less the 128Kb/sec.
Post #: 1
RE: RTCW Server, the Answer. - 20.Jul.2002 10:57:00 AM   
monkeymanwolf

Hi,

I was following your messagein how to get RTCW server running behind ISA . When you try and publish the server you fill in the 2 IP addresses without a problem and then you have a drop down box for what type of server it is. Unfortunatly there is no RTCW or generic gaming serveroptionto use. Which one will work best ?

Thanks
Monkey Man

(in reply to Kaj Drost)
Post #: 2
RE: RTCW Server, the Answer. - 20.Jul.2002 11:56:00 AM   
Kaj Drost

You mean which server protocol you must use?
This is in the server publishing rule right?
IF so, then you must first make a protocol rule, specifying the destination I described, then when you enter the IP addresses you can select the prtocol rule you made.
Hope it works, if not send me a message.

(in reply to Kaj Drost)
Post #: 3
RE: RTCW Server, the Answer. - 23.Jul.2002 9:17:00 PM   
Kaj Drost

Update on gaming through your proxy:

You also need to make a protocol definition starting on 27950 send/recieve UDP, with secondary rules send/receive 27950 UDP and receive/send 27950 UDP

(in reply to Kaj Drost)
Post #: 4
RE: RTCW Server, the Answer. - 24.Jul.2002 10:24:00 PM   
Kaj Drost

And yet another port you have to open to get this game to work:

Create a protocol definition in which you allow UDP 27952 to send/receive and then secondary rules UDP 27952 receive/send and send/recieve.
Add this defintion to the earlier created protocol rule and voila.

(in reply to Kaj Drost)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> RTCW Server, the Answer. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts