Just as a thought check in the urlscan.ini file to see correct verbs being allowed should you have been running a webserver on same server as isa and locked it down preventing certain url requests from passing through.
You also need to make sure you have configured ISA like this - script below:
------------------------------------------ Const ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS = 183 Sub CheckError() 'On Error Resume Next If (Err.Number <> 0) And (Err.Number <> ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS) Then MsgBox "An error has occured:" & vbCrLf & Err.Description & Err.Number WScript.Quit Err.Number End If End Sub
On Error Resume Next Set FPC = CreateObject("FPC.Root") Set ISA = FPC.Arrays.GetContainingArray ISA.Refresh
Set Settings = ISA.ClientConfig.Firewall.Settings Set sec = Settings.AddSection("msmsgs") sec.Value("NameResolutionForLocalHost") = "E" sec.Save CheckError
Yesterday I spent the whole day to get the file transfer working but with no result. Today I started my client and it is workin fine now! (and yes, I did update my firewall client and restarted the firewall service yesterday ). With version 5.0, I can send and receive files but with 4.7 I only can send files (so maybe you should update to 5.0 if you are experience any problems).
This is what I've done:
I made two Protocol Definitions:
MSN File Transfer Inbound PN: 6891, PT: TCP, Dir.: Inbound Sec. conn.: PR: 6891-6900, PT: TCP, Dir.: Inbound
MSN File Transfer Outbound PN: 6891, PT: TCP, Dir.: Outbound Sec. conn.: PR: 6891-6900, PT: TCP, Dir.: Outbound
And one Protocol Rule (MSN Messenger) wich applies to the above protocols and MSN, MSN Messenger and Net2Phone.