• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Subspace/Continuum

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Subspace/Continuum Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Subspace/Continuum - 20.Dec.2002 7:01:00 PM   
palindroem

Does anyone know what the correct app config / ISA ports to allow Subspace or Continuum to connect? It has a screen for setting SOCK5 proxy server host and port, but whatever I put in, the game just locks up . . . eventually failing at timeout.

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Subspace/Continuum - 23.Dec.2002 12:47:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Pal,

I usually don't hang around in here, but when you said Subspace, I had to check this out! I used to play that game all the time in 1997/1998 and then it just disappeared. [Frown]

I did a Google search and found the software, and was surprized it worked in XP! I don't know the specific protocols, but if you use the Firewall client and create an "all IP traffic" rule to open access, it works great!

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to palindroem)
Post #: 2
RE: Subspace/Continuum - 24.Dec.2002 2:51:00 PM   
palindroem

Great, If I can get this ISA to work I'll try that. Subspace (now Continuum) is about the only game I play, nice brainless way to relax while I try to figure things (ISA for now) out. I know that each zone (I play Extreme Games) uses its own port, could I limit the scope of the rule just for the specific port #?

Thanks again.

(What nic do you play under?)

-Droem-

(in reply to palindroem)
Post #: 3
RE: Subspace/Continuum - 24.Dec.2002 2:53:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Droem,

I've been playing under the nic tshinder. I'm definitely not very good right now [Big Grin]

Like I said, I'm not sure what ports are used by the application and if it requires primary and secondary connections. Many games do, so that's something you need to be aware of if you want to create a Protocol Rule to amke it work.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to palindroem)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Subspace/Continuum Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message