• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Warcraft 3 Hosting Battle.NET games

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Warcraft 3 Hosting Battle.NET games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Warcraft 3 Hosting Battle.NET games - 19.Mar.2003 3:28:00 AM   
MrBoogedy

I have found that in order to establish a connection with battle.net so that you can play warcraft 3 games, you have to enable outgoing UDP/TCP on port 6112.

Before I installed ISA Server, to host battle.NET games, all I had to do was forward port 6112 to the client computer. With ISA server then, I created a protocol that has a primary connection of outgoing port 6112, and secondary connections of incoming tcp/udp port 6112. I can host games, and one person is capable of joining. After one person connects, everyone else gets an error saying they can't connect. Since hosting games worked fine before I installed ISA server (even though I was behind a firewall before as well), I'm assuming there is a problem with the outgoing traffic which was previously unblocked. Does anyone have any ideas? I tried enabling port 1000-65535 UDP send-receive and TCP outgoing, and still only one person can connect to my hosted games.
Post #: 1
RE: Warcraft 3 Hosting Battle.NET games - 21.Mar.2003 8:21:00 PM   
glixon

This info is from Blizzard tech support:
----------------------------------------
Diablo: TCP and UDP Port 6112
StarCraft/Broodwar: TCP and UDP Port 6112
Warcraft II:Battle.net Edition: TCP and UDP Port 6112
Diablo II/Lord of Destruction: TCP Port 4000
Warcraft III: TCP Ports 6112 to 6118, unless you have changed the default in the Options/Gameplay screen for port forwarding.

They also slipped this in the eMail; this made EVERYTHING better for me (defined as a protocol):
-----------------------------------------------
Some firewall programs have preset ports available in their configurations that are often necessary to be open. One in particular is a connection to your DNS server. This usually takes place on UDP port 53.

(in reply to MrBoogedy)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Warcraft 3 Hosting Battle.NET games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts